New Martin and Logan iem
Aug 3, 2012 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Libertad

1000+ Head-Fier
Aug 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:
Looks like and ety, or the new Moshi Dulcia or even a bit like a FAD.

Shape-wise it does...  It'll be easier to wear over the ear with the strain relief like that though :)  

Aug 4, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #6 of 14
I thought I saw "6.6" when I glanced through the specs.

I come to headphones from the speaker world and whenever a speaker brand that I've always liked comes up with an IEM or a can, I'm immediately interested.

Having said that, it seems to me that the crossover attempt on their parts have been more of a "flop" than a "bang" though.

These look cool enough, and the price seems right. 

Aug 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #7 of 14
I don't get the angle of the cable stems, or whatever we call them. Wouldn't you want them coming down at a 90 degree angle? 

Aug 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:
I don't get the angle of the cable stems, or whatever we call them. Wouldn't you want them coming down at a 90 degree angle? 

It's just there for design XD.  The angle they have it at will angle them down towards your neck.  90 will angle them directly down.  It really doesn't matter though.  So long as it still allows them to be worn up.  

Aug 4, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

It's just there for design XD.  The angle they have it at will angle them down towards your neck.  90 will angle them directly down.  It really doesn't matter though.  So long as it still allows them to be worn up.  

I guess. Still looks a bit weird to me. Maybe its comfy though. 

Aug 5, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Many ear canals angle up slightly so when worn over the ear 90 degree or greater(like Ety phones) will start to veer out away from the ear since the bottom of the phones dips lower. On the flip side and bit tighter fit of the stem against the outer ear when worn down can stop microphonics a bit better. Seems like a well thought out out design for a longer slender shaped phone and if done right can fit well and be comfy both ways. I do think that photo exaggerates the angle a bit.   

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #14 of 14
Those of us who comes from the speaker world know ML pretty well.  MLs are renowned for their hybrid electrostatics with a tall electrostat panael crossed over to a powered woofer at the base. They use this configuration for nearly all their speakers except their cheapest line.   I've had a chance to hear their Summits years ago and was bowled over by the sound.  On their web page for these IEMs it says "Inspired by the sonic clarity and detail of MartinLogan's legendary electrostatic speakers."  So these aren't any sort of electrostats, just an attempt to get into the headphone market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back