New Luxman P-200!!!
Jan 23, 2009 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce the new Luxman P-200 headphone amp. We are taking preorders on it and look to be able to ship in 4-6 weeks. The P-200 comes in at a very attractive $1500.

The P-200 is the little brother of the mighty P1 and brings 85-90% of the performance that the P1 delivers for $900 less. I'm thinking it might just be a great match for the new HD800's.

Get in line for yours today! Come to our TTVJ.com website and see pics of this beauty!

Todd

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 21
I'm thinking the same. Very curious about future impressions of the P200 / HD800 pairing.

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 21
My local Stax dealer had one in. If they still do when my HD-800s arrive, I'll take them in for a listen.

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 21
HI All,

A quick update on the P200 - they will be arriving sometime at the end of March or at the latest in early April. There will be one at the meet this weekend in NC and it will be coming to me thereafter. I will give it a listen and then put it out on one of my loaner programs.

I will post my impressions here as well as in my TTVJ forum once I have it (in a week or so).

Todd

Mar 1, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My local Stax dealer had one in. If they still do when my HD-800s arrive, I'll take them in for a listen.

u actually got HD 800's? very nice

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know how this amps older brother, the P1, fared against other amps in it's price range (like a Zana Deux)?

The only comment I read (and I have to disclaim that I have tried neither) is that the Beta 22 in comparison was like "wire with gain" in sound, ie: It has none, whereas the Luxman was musical or warm.

Mar 28, 2009 at 11:07 AM Post #10 of 21
"We don't see things as they are. We see things as we are." Anais Nin

Sorry for the aside: this is just the CLEANEST, TIDIEST quote on the concept of Perception I have EVER seen. Hello, Nice to meet you. Can you tell me something about Stax? I'd like to know more about them...

{infinite apologies on clumsiness... I'm brand new here. tips. pointers. where's the FAQ?}

Best,
FLACvest

Mar 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry for the aside: this is just the CLEANEST, TIDIEST quote on the concept of Perception I have EVER seen. Hello, Nice to meet you. Can you tell me something about Stax? I'd like to know more about them...

{infinite apologies on clumsiness... I'm brand new here. tips. pointers. where's the FAQ?}

Best,
FLACvest

Welcome. Nice quote.
There is a dedicated Stax thread that is quite BIG.
Read stickies. Use the search function. Every question regarding headphones has been asked before.
Sorry about your wallet.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 28, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Best,
FLACvest

I have a few things I'm dedicated to in life: My family, my friends, self-realisation, and listening to music. Some of the latter involved Luxman gear, specifically my parents'. I have pondered the P-200 or P-1 joining the rest of my gear. At the very least, I'll have to take my HD-600s along for a listen with, if my local Stax dealer still has a P-200 in the shop. A friend lent me a Stax rig and I've picked up a couple of vintage units, so I've been rather corrupted out of dynamic headphones for a while.

The self-realisation -- don't get me started.
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #13 of 21
I am on board for the P-200 wait. If it can share some magic of the latest offerings of the Luxman line....I will be elated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back