New!!! Luxman DA250 Headphone Amp and DAC @ TTVJAudio.com
Apr 6, 2016 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hello All,

We are very pleased and excited to announce a new product from Luxman - the DA250 headphone amp and DAC. The Luxman DA250 is a Class A headphone amplifier with an excellent DAC built around the TI PCM1795 DAC chip.But it does so much more than that! The DA250 also has and A to D converter for converting your vinyl into digital files!

You can pre order yours today at TTVJAudio.com  here. We expect to be shipping in a few weeks

USB input is compatible up to 192 kHz/32bit PCM data and DSD data (2.8MHz and 5.6MHz).

S/PDIF input handles up to 192 kHz/24bit PCM signals.

In addition to USB input, the DA-250 has a coaxial input and two optical (Toslink) inputs to enable connection with a CD player and / or DVR, satellite radio etc.

The Texas Instruments PCM1795 was selected for the DAC, which contains a 32 bit digital filter, digital signals are up-converted internally to 352.8k or 384kHz/32 bit.

Two different kinds of tone filter setting are provided and switchable to your taste (32bit digital filter for PCM and analog FIR filter for DSD).

Low phase noise clock modules are mounted independently on both 44.1 k and 48kHz channels to reduce noise around the oscillating frequency and to generate highly accurate low jitter clock signals.

By using asynchronous communication for the USB input and a DAIR high accuracy clock for S/PDIF, low jitter reduction is possible.

The DA250 sports Luxmans exclusive LECUA volume control!

Luxman’s proprietary design, electronic attenuator “LECUA*” first introduced in the flag-ship C-1000f control amplifier is now employed in the DA-250 for both headphone and line outputs independently, operates fully in the analog domain, it eliminates all potentiometers from the signal path. This has a number of advantages, such as (1) outstanding S/N ratio, (2) extremely low distortion, (3) virtually no change in frequency response and sound quality at any listening level, (4) minimal left/right level differences (tracking errors), and (5) minimal left/right cross-talk. The result is a volume control that far surpasses conventional concepts.

This is the one product that Luxman employees purchase the most for themselves. That says something!

The Luxman DA250 - $2990

Feel free to call (406-285-3910) or email ( todd@ttvjaudio.com  )  with any questions!

Todd

Apr 7, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 7
Todd,

You forgot to mention that the DA-250 is also both an analogue & digital pre-amplifier.   Even if you intend to use it as a Class A Headphone & DAC at the moment, it gives you the flexibility to grow your system in the future. With the addition of a Luxman M-200 amp and a small pair of speakers, such as the Eclipse TD-508 you can choose between headphone or nearfield listening, still within a desktop environment..

It also has an ADC, so if you play vinyl through the matching E-200 phono stage, with  the analogue input, you can record the digital output at 24-96 through the SPDIF or Toslink outputs.  It also has a remote control for those listeners whose gear is a distance away.  We actually received a call last week, some one looking for a headphone amp with a remote control.

While I have only heard the DA-250 through the Eclipse TD-510 at CES 2016 and have not spent as much time with it as I'd like. Recent new models from Luxman tend to sound a little more resolute & open compared to their predecessors. Luxman's famous tone is still intact; warm, rich & musically satisfying.

Looking forward to user's comments

Happy listening

Philip

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #3 of 7
HI All,

Hibernian, you are correct - the Luxman DA250 also serves as an excellent preamp. Your post gave me a great idea - I have made two packages with the Luxman DA250, Luxman M200 and Eclipse TD508MK3 or the Eclipse TD510MK2 speakers.

These two systems will serve as an excellent desktop system or by buying the floorstanding models of the Eclipse speakers, serve as an office or small listening room audiophile system. These systems look as good as they sound too!

The Eclipse speakers come in White, Silver and Black and as either a desk top speaker or a floorstanding.

The DA250 serves as the heart of the system - its the DAC, Class A headphone amp and the systems preamplifier. The M200 serves as the power amp and has plenty of juice to drive the Eclipse speakers!

The Luxman/Eclipse TD508MK3 desktop package! $5819!

The Luxman /Eclipse TD510MK2 desktop package! $7150!

Both packages have the option to add the floor stands for the Eclipse speakers... and to choose speaker color.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call Todd at 406-285-3910

Todd

Jul 1, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #4 of 7
Would like to share photos of Luxman DA-250(230V Version), just received. Quite amazing, OUTSTANDING amongst the best no heat vents as they are not required. Stays slight warm no matter how many hours of use. I am usually a huge fan of Japanese and USA made products. I have also ordered Schitt Jot Black version.

Attachments

• image1_1.JPG
    image1_1.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image6.JPG
    image6.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image7.JPG
    image7.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image8.JPG
    image8.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image9.JPG
    image9.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • image11.PNG
    image11.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image12.PNG
    image12.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Mar 1, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #5 of 7
i see no sound review what so ever on this dac/amp

i was wondering spec wise does it drive planars as hifiman HE-6, as i see its specs to have a weak amp section compared to burson conductor v2+

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #7 of 7
Todd,

You forgot to mention that the DA-250 is also both an analogue & digital pre-amplifier. Even if you intend to use it as a Class A Headphone & DAC at the moment, it gives you the flexibility to grow your system in the future. With the addition of a Luxman M-200 amp and a small pair of speakers, such as the Eclipse TD-508 you can choose between headphone or nearfield listening, still within a desktop environment..

It also has an ADC, so if you play vinyl through the matching E-200 phono stage, with the analogue input, you can record the digital output at 24-96 through the SPDIF or Toslink outputs. It also has a remote control for those listeners whose gear is a distance away. We actually received a call last week, some one looking for a headphone amp with a remote control.

While I have only heard the DA-250 through the Eclipse TD-510 at CES 2016 and have not spent as much time with it as I'd like. Recent new models from Luxman tend to sound a little more resolute & open compared to their predecessors. Luxman's famous tone is still intact; warm, rich & musically satisfying.

Happy listening

Todd,

You forgot to mention that the DA-250 is also both an analogue & digital pre-amplifier. Even if you intend to use it as a Class A Headphone & DAC at the moment, it gives you the flexibility to grow your system in the future. With the addition of a Luxman M-200 amp and a small pair of speakers, such as the Eclipse TD-508 you can choose between headphone or nearfield listening, still within a desktop environment..

It also has an ADC, so if you play vinyl through the matching E-200 phono stage, with the analogue input, you can record the digital output at 24-96 through the SPDIF or Toslink outputs. It also has a remote control for those listeners whose gear is a distance away. We actually received a call last week, some one looking for a headphone amp with a remote control.

Happy listening

Philip
Phillip, how does one go about recording the vinyl via toslink or spdf out of the 250????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back