New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Aug 7, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #1,818 of 2,354
Aside from the somewhat fave ADA4627 op amp, what other op amp would be interesting to get that isn't a close clone of the ADA4627? Just curious for op amp rolling.

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #1,819 of 2,354
Quote:
You can do that with your HDTV. 
I honestly don't get the COAX port either. It just makes the amp more bulky. Most audiophile things have optical, and you can buy a converter to convert coax into optical too! But I guess Nick was trying to be nice to everyone that might need coax connection.

Well, tonight I tried to connect one of my HDTV's optical OUT to the Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII optical IN and could not get it to work. I switched the TV's audio signal to "External" vs. "TV Speakers," but there was no sound through the Leckerton's attached headphones. I then tried the optical OUT from the set-top-box and that didn't work either. Hmmm... 

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #1,820 of 2,354
Quote:
Well, tonight I tried to connect one of my HDTV's optical OUT to the Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII optical IN and could not get it to work. I switched the TV's audio signal to "External" vs. "TV Speakers," but there was no sound through the Leckerton's attached headphones. I then tried the optical OUT from the set-top-box and that didn't work either. Hmmm... 

Hmm. No idea what's wrong. I want to try doing that myself, but I don't have an optical cable, so I can't do that right now.

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #1,821 of 2,354
Quote:
Tell me if you find one. I've been looking for one too.

Not sure what you call reasonable, but there's [size=11pt]this[/size].  I recommend the armored for portable use.

Otherwise, you'll probably have to contend with a regular toslink cable and a micro adapter.

EDIT:  Van Damme makes a 0.25m toslink FO cable, but you have to order it from the UK, AFAIK.

Aug 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #1,822 of 2,354
Quote:

Not sure what you call reasonable, but there's [size=11pt]this[/size].  I recommend the armored for portable use.

Otherwise, you'll probably have to contend with a regular toslink cable and a micro adapter.

EDIT:  Van Damme makes a 0.25m toslink FO cable, but you have to order it from the UK, AFAIK.

Hmm. $60 for 20inches... let me think about it.

Aug 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #1,823 of 2,354
Aug 9, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #1,824 of 2,354
Quote:

Good thing you're on head-fi because if you had posted that statement anywhere else you'd be getting flamed by pervs nonstop for the next month.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #1,826 of 2,354
Quote:

False alarm! I tried the same connection on a different HDTV using the attached soundbar's optical cable. It worked great! Clearly, there must be something wrong with other HDTV's optical port or the cable I used.

Ken

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #1,828 of 2,354
Quote:
How is the SQ on tv?

Once I detected that it worked, I disconnected and didn't listen long enough to develop any impressions. For the few seconds that I had the headphones on, it sounded clear, but the channel was set to a morning "talk" show, which would not be the best test for SQ. I'll try again when I have more time and report the results. 

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #1,829 of 2,354
Quote:
Once I detected that it worked, I disconnected and didn't listen long enough to develop any impressions. For the few seconds that I had the headphones on, it sounded clear, but the channel was set to a morning "talk" show, which would not be the best test for SQ. I'll try again when I have more time and report the results. 

Ok. Thanks!

Aug 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #1,830 of 2,354
Quote:

It appears that the only UK website that has the 0.25 m Toslink cable in stock is the London based Van Damme company ([size=11pt]VDC[/size]) itself.  The automatic purchase checkout process didn't work for me for whatever reason (USA, no business account...), so I had to resort to personal contact.  The trading company business credit application form that they sent back to me to complete reminded me of the Vogons in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. 
smile.gif
   Actually, the contact lady turned out ot be very easy to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back