New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Mar 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #1,441 of 2,354
mine will be shipped tomorrow.

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #1,442 of 2,354
Received my UHA-6S MKII (OPA209) today. I'm very pleased with the sound. Its not very loud, high gain isn't as loud as low gain on O2 but its enough for my Paradox headphones. The DAC section is very good (using USB), nearly indistinguishable between the ODAC.

Edit:
Where can I buy the AD8610ARZ opamp?

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #1,443 of 2,354
Enough for your Paradox huh? That's interesting, how far do you have to turn the volume up and have you compared it against any other amp? I only ask because I was very interested in the UHA-6S at one point for use with a pair of Mad Dogs but a few people steered me away from it (mostly saying it'd be listenable but not optimal).

Mar 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #1,444 of 2,354
Enough for your Paradox huh? That's interesting, how far do you have to turn the volume up and have you compared it against any other amp? I only ask because I was very interested in the UHA-6S at one point for use with a pair of Mad Dogs but a few people steered me away from it (mostly saying it'd be listenable but not optimal).

I agree that it is not optimal but it suits 90% of my needs. I prefer using the O2/ODAC with my Paradox. It has more volume headroom for recordings with high dynamic range and movies. I sometimes use EQ and DPSs like Isone Pro; the UHA-6S doesn't have enough volume for this purpose while the O2/ODAC provides more than enough volume even on low gain.

My UHA-6S volume pot is at 12 o'clock on high gain when listening to mainstream recordings. When listening to high dynamic range recordings (Eg: Hotel California by Eagles from HDtracks, ) or watching movies the volume pot varies between 2 o'clock to almost maximum volume. For comparison I rarely ever turn the volume past half on the O2/ODAC on low gain.

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #1,445 of 2,354
Quote:

I use them with Mad Dogs right now. I would say that O2/ODAC drive them better, but they sound mighty fine out of the leckerton as well!

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #1,446 of 2,354
Quote:

Taking a look at the specs, the Leckerton UHA-6S seems like it has a limit on how much current it can deliver into low impedance load, so I wouldn't be surprised that it's lacking current when driving the Mad Dogs.

The O2 has ample of current from specs (613mW into 33 Ohm vs 55mW into 32 Ohm on the UHA-6S), so I don't doubt that it can push the Mad Dogs with ease. In fact, I'd say go O2 for the Mad Dogs since it has more headroom in case you want to use EQ or DSP.

Maybe that's why people have been saying the UHA-6S would be okay but not optimal?

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #1,448 of 2,354
I've heard the dragonfly, and its a nice sounding USB STICK. But I felt it paled in comparison to the Leckerton.

I haven't heard the DACport.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #1,449 of 2,354
Quote:
I've heard the dragonfly, and its a nice sounding USB STICK. But I felt it paled in comparison to the Leckerton.

I haven't heard the DACport.

Well if you feel that way then I'd say the same regarding the dragonfly. As I felt the Leckertons DAC paled in comparison to the DACport LX.

Mar 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #1,450 of 2,354
The charge LED (back LED) on my UHA-6S.MKII stays on even after I unplug the USB cable. I have to flip the charge switch off in order to turn the LED off. Does anyone else experience this?

Mar 28, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #1,452 of 2,354
No issues with that here. Mine turns off when unplugged

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #1,455 of 2,354
Quote:
The charge LED (back LED) on my UHA-6S.MKII stays on even after I unplug the USB cable. I have to flip the charge switch off in order to turn the LED off. Does anyone else experience this?

Mine does,

I thought it was normal, but aparently isn't

still, nothing seems to be malfunctioning, and I'm enjoying it a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back