New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Sep 1, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #406 of 2,354
Quote:
My UHA6smk2 arrives in a week or so (as well as my new Marty custom HPs).   Thanks in advance - and if you want to see my new 'golden ears' Marty is making me see the link below - mine are the lighter coloured 'gold' ones in the second photo.  He is currently making wooden blocks etc for these 'works of art'.

http://www.martincustomaudio.com/2012/08/teaser-pics-brazillian-rosewood-and.html

If you don't mind me asking; what are the specs on your new cans and how much are they?

TIA - Rich

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #409 of 2,354
Sep 2, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #414 of 2,354
Quote:
If Apple is allowing bypassing on the iPad I wonder why they're refusing it on the iPod Classic, Touch, and iPhone?

I believe someone has released a jailbroken app for the iPhone/iPod Touch that will allow you to use the CCK in the same way as the iPad. Obviously not straight from Apple, but pretty cool.

Sep 2, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #415 of 2,354
Quote:

I believe someone has released a jailbroken app for the iPhone/iPod Touch that will allow you to use the CCK in the same way as the iPad. Obviously not straight from Apple, but pretty cool.

Yeah I know, I tried it and it didn't work for me. It caused so much instability in my iPod dock I had to wipe and reset my Touch

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #417 of 2,354
Have you compared the uha + iPad Vs the uha + iPod or any other dap?
I'm interested if using the uha DAC results In a significant, audible increase in sq.

If the question is, does the iPad > CCK > UHA sound better than, say, the iPad or an iPod via LOD into the UHA used just as an amp, then yes, it does.

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #418 of 2,354
That's not really surprising though. To my knowledge the ipad has a Cirrus Logic chip as well but the implimentation is key. Plus I'm not sure if the Chip in the ipad is Cirrus Logics flagship chip. The UHA6 MKII has their flagship chip in it.

Sep 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #419 of 2,354
Happy Labour weekend to those of you in the US from a very wet NZ.  My UHA is in shipment and Marty is finishing off my woodies this week (see my earlier post - pure art / headbling).  Re the UHA, does the quality of the LOD make a difference when using an iPod?  I have looked at the FiiO 9 - and much more expensive ones.  Any recommendations? Also is the CCK that some of you are using on iPads (to bypass the DAC) the standard Apple one or something else?  Finally are you using the USB that ships with the UHA or something else?  just trying to get my cables and connectors ' all in a row' as I am off to Bali for 6 weeks (yip, read and wip) to listen to some fine sounds, eat some fine food...

I'm just sitting here breaking in my Bel Canto c5i which really seems to make a sound diff out of my Macbook pro - and that's with my crappy printer USB cable.  I'm going to source a better one.

Sep 3, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #420 of 2,354
Quote:
Happy Labour weekend to those of you in the US from a very wet NZ.  My UHA is in shipment and Marty is finishing off my woodies this week (see my earlier post - pure art / headbling).  Re the UHA, does the quality of the LOD make a difference when using an iPod?  I have looked at the FiiO 9 - and much more expensive ones.  Any recommendations? Also is the CCK that some of you are using on iPads (to bypass the DAC) the standard Apple one or something else?  Finally are you using the USB that ships with the UHA or something else?  just trying to get my cables and connectors ' all in a row' as I am off to Bali for 6 weeks (yip, read and wip) to listen to some fine sounds, eat some fine food...

I'm just sitting here breaking in my Bel Canto c5i which really seems to make a sound diff out of my Macbook pro - and that's with my crappy printer USB cable.  I'm going to source a better one.

It can but it generally won't be a night an day difference. For me though when using it with my DX100 or even UHA6 MKII to DACport LX the difference can be enough for me to hate the sound or love it. Really depends on what combination I use and my mood at the time. But I can hear differences in tonality, slightly boosted mids and treble depending on my cable. Bass will even exhibit some slight changes but generally its the difference in the treble and mids that will set me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back