New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Aug 30, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #376 of 2,354
Quote:
More like I wanna bug HiFlight to demo his tera player lol :wink:

The moment I saw its price a few months ago, I decided to ignore all its news.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #377 of 2,354
That is pretty much the biggest deterrent for me as well. But if it really does outclass the ibasso I am of course rather tempted to hear it for myself.

Not sure if I had posted this link earlier. It is to get Op-Amp627AP from mouser. It seemed to be the cheapest price I could find.

Code:
[size=9pt]  [url=http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Texas-Instruments/OPA627AP/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsko7UDAsUSIch3u%2fkN0pq9veqAOfaQE7s%3d]http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Texas-Instruments/OPA627AP/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsko7UDAsUSIch3u%2fkN0pq9veqAOfaQE7s%3d[/url][/size]

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #378 of 2,354
My UHA62 mk2 is shipping tomorrow.  Yay.  Any thoughts anyone on the question that I asked yesterday on this thread re cables for different sources etc?  Sorry to ask again - but would love your input and to hear what you are using with your Leckerton.

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #379 of 2,354
Quote:
My UHA62 mk2 is shipping tomorrow.  Yay.  Any thoughts anyone on the question that I asked yesterday on this thread re cables for different sources etc?  Sorry to ask again - but would love your input and to hear what you are using with your Leckerton.

I actually have 3 cables. One silver 3.5 silver cable, and 2 copper LODs. In certain instances the silver cable will offset things and the treble/mid-range can become to bright for my liking (even the bass can get a tad too lean as well). In those circumstances I'll use one of the copper lods. Those LODs seem to add a slight warmth. Strange but the difference is enough for me to like or not like my rigs. I got one of the LODs from fiio and the other came with my Tralucent T1 amp.

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #380 of 2,354
Is there another way to get ahold of Nick besides his website?
He shipped my amp and I've emailed him a couple of times in the last week to include the extra op amps and haven't heard from him.  

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #381 of 2,354
Hmm he usually responds rather quickly. Wonder if your mail went to his spam? If anything I ended up getting my Op Amps separately and the shipping wasn't much at all. I think he included it in his price. Still I think Op Amp 627AP is cheaper from mouser.

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #382 of 2,354
Quote:
Hmm he usually responds rather quickly. Wonder if your mail went to his spam? If anything I ended up getting my Op Amps separately and the shipping wasn't much at all. I think he included it in his price. Still I think Op Amp 627AP is cheaper from mouser.

That is very possible.  I'll email him again.  I did get the 627 from mouser based on your recommendation.  

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #383 of 2,354
Hey Guys,

Where are people getting the AD8610ARZ Op Amp as I can't seem to find that one on the mouser website. I to have sent Nick several emails and never made contact and got the click n ship email tonight. Looking forward to this with my ER-4P/S and iHP-120 (upgrade to 64GB) so excited !!!

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #384 of 2,354
Hmm well I could send him and email and see if he responds. I'll give him the link to this page as well. Maybe he'll swing on over and comment :p.

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #385 of 2,354
sorry for not reading the whole thread yet, but I wonder how does this pair with an iriver H1x0 variants through digital out?

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #386 of 2,354
He could have a lot going on at his day job with Cirrus Logic, who knows.  You can select the opamps from the myriad of drop down menus on his website, the rest of the info is in the thread.

I think purrin felt his old iRiver was still behind the current curve despite being digital out.  He prefers the LO of his Sony into the Leckerton.  He's been playing w/ my mk1.

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #388 of 2,354
Quote:
He could have a lot going on at his day job with Cirrus Logic, who knows.  You can select the opamps from the myriad of drop down menus on his website, the rest of the info is in the thread.

I think purrin felt his old iRiver was still behind the current curve despite being digital out.  He prefers the LO of his Sony into the Leckerton.  He's been playing w/ my mk1.

Actually Anaxilus I shot him an email and he replied back. Those emails got stuck in his Spam folder :wink:.

He should getting back to you guys.

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #390 of 2,354
Quote:
When looking at the picture of the guts on the 6S MKII, I see there are what looks like two op amps.  Will I need to order two of each op amps?  

Yup. They use single channel opamp so you need one for left and one for right channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back