New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Aug 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #213 of 2,354
Quote:

Haven't heard the 2Step, but for me the UHA6S was more detailed, transparent and neutral than the Stepdance.

Thanks for the impression.

I noticed that the 2StepDance website listed both "active balanced ground" and "star ground" while the Leckerton listed "true ground". Does anyone know how this translate to difference in performance? Dark corners of the Internet say "For single supply applications the right virtual ground used in conjunction with a single star ground, might be a reasonable compromise", but I would really appreciate more perspectives.

Yep. I do have an AS-2 inbound sometime or another.

Does FutureSonics accept remolding of their customs? I always thought this is not the case.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #214 of 2,354
Quote:
Here is my review on the a161: http://www.head-fi.org/t/613310/review-meelectronics-a161p-intro-into-neutrality
2 years ago? Was that the Fischer version?

Nope.  :wink:  

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #215 of 2,354
Quote:
Yep. I do have an AS-2 inbound sometime or another.

Interesting. Looks like you're selling the arrow as well :wink:. Funny how most people bought into that unit based on hype instead of pure performance (at least when compared to similar or even cheaper options). I'm curious though shane what sound signature are you after (an IEM you would keep for the long term).

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #216 of 2,354
Quote:
Funny how most people bought into that unit based on hype instead of pure performance.

I disagree.  There isn't a better sounding amp in that package size w/ those features.  Not one.  I sold the Pico Slim and kept the Arrow.

Aug 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #217 of 2,354
Quote:
Interesting. Looks like you're selling the arrow as well :wink:. Funny how most people bought into that unit based on hype instead of pure performance (at least when compared to similar or even cheaper options). I'm curious though shane what sound signature are you after (an IEM you would keep for the long term).

I think the Arrow is a great amp at its price point.  I really liked it with the Whipmod but that's sold and I need to fund a completely new set up, in which the Arrow won't have a place.  Unlike some with seemingly bottomless wallets, I must sell some things to acquire new and for me, the hobby portion (trying new things, comparing, writing impressions/reviews, selling) is as much fun as the listening to the music, and frankly gives me excuse to listen more. I'm sure I'll be trying the 5g Arrow when it comes out too.

Anyway, what Nick is able to do for $279 is really unprecedented.  Nothing under $300 even comes close and apparently you have to spend more than double to get better.  I guess I'll find out b/c the RXMKIII will probably be part of my next set up.

Aug 12, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #218 of 2,354
I'm in the same ball park as you :). I sold my W3000ANVs to fund my current  Custom IEMs as they were very well worth the price IMO. I don't plan on getting rid of them either. They match my signature preference to a T. I was debating on selling the O2 but when I listened to it earlier with my IE80s (especially for Rock music) I just can't lol. I'm still on the fence regarding this Amp from this company (TBA) and really want to say no go to save some money............... :frowning2:
rolleyes.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #220 of 2,354
Hmm. Did you see if Nick could do basic shipping to Australia? You'd have to waive him of any liability though if he was to even consider that...

Aug 12, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #222 of 2,354
Quote:
I don't know who Nick is. :frowning2:  And I'll consider it if it's still a relatively safe option.

I'm talking about the owner of the company (Leckerton Audio). Contact him via email and see if he can make any accommodations regarding shipping costs. I'm sure if he was to ship it via basic shipping (no tracking) they shipping would be significantly cheaper. Not to mention he is trust worthy and I don't think you'd have to worry about receiving your package. But you'd have to waive him of any liability with such shipping. To give you an example of what I mean. If I was to ship to England with tracking it would cost around $45.00. But if I did basic shipping it would be around $16.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back