New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Aug 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #196 of 2,354
Quote:

I too prefer the other digital inputs over USB and the regular input would depend on the DAC/source in front.  I'd take my PWD going Line-in anyday over using the stock DAC.  The DX100 didn't do it for me if it wasn't acting solely as a digital transport.

Glad you like the 8610, perhaps it has a nice synergy w/ the FX700 for you.  Not my cup of tea personally but it's good to have options especially w/ various phones.

Even with my Custom Hybrid IEMs I still prefer the 8610 for general music. I won't be able to listen to my music for as long of a period of time without getting fatigued on 209 so its a no go.

Aug 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #197 of 2,354
Is there a similarity between the 8610 for Leckerton and the 8620 for JDSC421? Asking because Clieos says that there is a wider stage and presence using 8620 in the JDSC421 with IEM's. Wondering if there is a corrollary with Lee730's findings and the op-amps with the numbers starting with 86.

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #199 of 2,354
I've been listening to the UHA-6S MKII (209) since last week when I acquired one. It's an amazing little amp. I very much like the sound. It is better than the Xin amp I was previously using with my Ety ER4S. I also picked up a Beyer DT1350 over the weekend. It drives both of those remarkably well and sounds fantastic on both.

I'm a little surprised at the comments about this being fatiguing. This amp (with the 209) is anything but fatiguing for me. It has a very open and rich sound with great extension and detail but also has soft edges and is never grating for me. It fits my taste perfectly.

As far as the DAC, the jury is still out. My iMod, to my surprise sounded better. I did like the sound of the DAC and amp with my laptop through USB with iTunes Lossless. I only tried a few songs, so the jury is still out, and I haven't tried the digital input which allows a higher bit rate. Are there any reasonably priced portables that have a digital out?

Anyway, very impressed with it. At the price, its a steal.

Aug 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #200 of 2,354
Quote:
Are there any reasonably priced portables that have a digital out?

Sadly, only the QA350 to my knowledge and it's quite large and not exactly user friendly.

Also, the only time I've gotten any fatigue from the UHA6 is with a brighter source IME.

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #202 of 2,354
Quote:

Hey, that is a nice review. The writer seems really smart. Handsome too. 

Check the first post of the thread. I linked the review and made sure to mention the devilishly handsome reviewer. Best be careful, your wife might ban you from coming on head-fi in fear of losing you to some tawdry head-fi vixen

Aug 9, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #203 of 2,354
lol!

Aug 10, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #205 of 2,354
IMO yes. The UHA6 MKII is an improvement in every area over the UHA4 when it comes to sound. Plus you'll have more power, and the ability to roll op amps to meat your synergy needs.

Aug 11, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #207 of 2,354
Quote:
Has there been any comparisons between the Leckerton and the Stepdance / 2Stepdance? I'm currently deciding between these two.

Haven't heard the 2Step, but for me the UHA6S was more detailed, transparent and neutral than the Stepdance.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #208 of 2,354
I thought I'd share some Leckerton love.  I've recently sold off most of my head-fi gear and this is what remains.  The rebuilding starts soon but I must say the little A161p sounds pretty awesome through the UHA-6s.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #209 of 2,354
Quote:
I thought I'd share some Leckerton love.  I've recently sold off most of my head-fi gear and this is what remains.  The rebuilding starts soon but I must say the little A161p sounds pretty awesome through the UHA-6s.

Hey did you post impression on the 161?  My favorite Meelecs ever.  Haven't heard them in 2 years though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back