New Jecklin Float QA !!!
Oct 28, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #256 of 740
Hi,

yesterday I picked up my new Jecklin along with Quad 405 and some other stuff   :

I will write more later but all what i have said before is truth.

If i´m right there are some People out there who  have the  fear that Jecklin does not have deep Bassresponse ...forget your fear !!!   

I think that this Earspeaker will shake the Headphoneworld like an Earthquake! Believe me.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #258 of 740
Quote from another forum google translated from the German

http://www.open-end-music.de/vb3/showpost.php?p=107868&postcount=137

So, I was now in low-and was able to hear the new float QA extensively. My first impression: The new is the perfection of the Old. Say: The sound of the new float is actually not that much different than my old, but just perfect, especially in low-frequency range and dynamic response. As for me but personally something disturbing is that I now nothing on the ear was as the sound sources so slightly protruding. 
I am then left so that I can on my next visit in Gering bring along my old float and the then new to the supply plug in part. I wonder really what happens. 

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #259 of 740
Quote:
why did you buy a 405? looking forward to more pictures

Quad 405 current dumping amp is a very unique design. It has yet to be "truly discovered" as one of the great sounding amps. Had one on extensive loan back in late 70s, like almost a year,  to drive legendary Rogers LS 3/5A speakers. Short of the mamoth sized class A DIY built Pass A40, nothing could touch it in sound quality. Since 405 was designed with Quad Electrostatic ( now often reffered to as 57 ) and its impedance characteristics in mind, it can cater to pretty violent current or voltage needs of any load. Sure did help with the LS35/As and their nearly 70 ohm peak impedance - on paper more powerful amps into 8 and 4 ohms clipped driving LS3/5A far earlier than 405 did.

"Normal" impedance characteristics of transformer driven electrostatics, like Float, is some very high value in the bass gradually falling to very low value in top treble. No idea if new QA transformer uses any measure(s) to try to "equalize" this wild impedance characteristic to something more approaching to pure ohmic loads - but if it does not, Quad 405 is a very good match to drive it indeed. It has about the right amount of power to drive Float correctly.

There is quite a lot of info on the modding of the 405 on the web - generally, making an already great sounding by now vintage amp even better. Despite not being a class A amp, 405's particular forte is playing at low levels, where it is clearer than more conventional AB amps and where most of the music, likely to be listened with Float, really happens. That is not to say there is something to be desired in loud passages - on the contrary, 405 will hold its own.

Can't wait to see/hear what the first impressions on Jecklin Float QA, driven by 405 -  or anything else, would be !

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #260 of 740
Quote:
Quad 405 current dumping amp is a very unique design. It has yet to be "truly discovered" as one of the great sounding amps. Had one on extensive loan back in late 70s, like almost a year,  to drive legendary Rogers LS 3/5A speakers. Short of the mamoth sized class A DIY built Pass A40, nothing could touch it in sound quality. Since 405 was designed with Quad Electrostatic ( now often reffered to as 57 ) and its impedance characteristics in mind, it can cater to pretty violent current or voltage needs of any load. Sure did help with the LS35/As and their nearly 70 ohm peak impedance - on paper more powerful amps into 8 and 4 ohms clipped driving LS3/5A far earlier than 405 did.

"Normal" impedance characteristics of transformer driven electrostatics, like Float, is some very high value in the bass gradually falling to very low value in top treble. No idea if new QA transformer uses any measure(s) to try to "equalize" this wild impedance characteristic to something more approaching to pure ohmic loads - but if it does not, Quad 405 is a very good match to drive it indeed. It has about the right amount of power to drive Float correctly.

There is quite a lot of info on the modding of the 405 on the web - generally, making an already great sounding by now vintage amp even better. Despite not being a class A amp, 405's particular forte is playing at low levels, where it is clearer than more conventional AB amps and where most of the music, likely to be listened with Float, really happens. That is not to say there is something to be desired in loud passages - on the contrary, 405 will hold its own.

Can't wait to see/hear what the first impressions on Jecklin Float QA, driven by 405 -  or anything else, would be !

That's interesting reading about the 405. I had one with my floats back in 1988. Didn't like it. quite a few on e-bay for sale plus a 'mod' for them as well. Perhaps have a listen again to the 405
ZoomButt.gif

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #262 of 740
Quote:
Hi,

yesterday I picked up my new Jecklin along with Quad 405 and some other stuff   :

Congrats!

Out of curiosity, when did you place your order? I know another head-fier and myself have been waiting since around July for ours to be shipped, and AFAIK they still haven't contacted us about their being shipped yet. I'm assuming you had yours pre-ordered from before that time, yes?

Hopefully ours will be ready soon, since it's been four months now.

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #263 of 740
Quote:

Congrats!

Out of curiosity, when did you place your order? I know another head-fier and myself have been waiting since around July for ours to be shipped, and AFAIK they still haven't contacted us about their being shipped yet. I'm assuming you had yours pre-ordered from before that time, yes?

Hopefully ours will be ready soon, since it's been four months now.

I placed a preorder since i heard ´the Prototyp in the first days of June. I know that they work hard to full fill the preorders but i think that they hadn´t accept  so much Pre-orders .

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #264 of 740
Quote:
I placed a preorder since i heard ´the Prototyp in the first days of June. I know that they work hard to full fill the preorders but i think that they hadn´t accept  so much Pre-orders .

Thank you for the info.

I contacted them, and they said it should be ready in a week or two.

Nov 22, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #266 of 740
A big box just arrived via Deutsche Post today.
Inside there are two boxes : one for headphone and one for 220V transformer
Will setup this weekend  and will be able to provide impressions later.

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #268 of 740
Great new look forward to your impressions

BTW on the German forums some a claiming these need about 100 hours use before they settle down.
Find that hard to believe but that's whats being claimed 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
A big box just arrived via Deutsche Post today.
Inside there are two boxes : one for headphone and one for 220V transformer
Will setup this weekend  and will be able to provide impressions later.

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #269 of 740
Hello,

i wrote extreme good about a product when I think it is extreme good, i also have to write about things that are not really good.

The Jecklin I´ve heard in Gering are still the best headphone experience that I had.

But I dont have luck.

The first Jecklin had a failure on the right side. Suddenly the right side plays very faint. So I have to put the balance full to the right to hear somthing from right.

I send it back and they have found the failure.  Shurly the send me a complete new one. But this one does not play like a normal Jecklin. It doesnt have any natural warms and it sounded like there was a brake in it. My Hifi man HE-5 was clearly better because the HE-5 plays what he can do. Normaly the Jecklin gives the HE-5 a big run but this Jecklin doesnt.
I cant believe this situation and drove to a friend of mine who knows the normal Jecklin fom the "Quad-Fest in Gering". 

After hearing it he says that he does not buy this one because it has nothing to do with the incredible Sound it delivers on the "Quad Fest in Gering"

So i send it back.

After the big Problems with audeze and their driver-issues i now decide to give the Jecklin no third chance.

Sorry!

Be shure that when it works it is clearly the best but for me the Story ends now.

I have considered if i wrote something about this but i think if i can write positiv i also have to write when things not positiv.

I hope that I´m the only unlucky Person and that all of you hear the Jecklin @ 100%

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #270 of 740
I'm really sorry to hear of your problems and hope as you say this is an isolated case
Often early adopters take the chance with teething problems, like the Audeze and for that matter the Stax SR-009.
I do hope that those further afield like US and Thailand etc who have ordered sets don't experience these issues as I'm sure they will be very hacked off!
Quote:
Hello,

i wrote extreme good about a product when I think it is extreme good, i also have to write about things that are not really good.

The Jecklin I´ve heard in Gering are still the best headphone experience that I had.

But I dont have luck.

The first Jecklin had a failure on the right side. Suddenly the right side plays very faint. So I have to put the balance full to the right to hear somthing from right.

I send it back and they have found the failure.  Shurly the send me a complete new one. But this one does not play like a normal Jecklin. It doesnt have any natural warms and it sounded like there was a brake in it. My Hifi man HE-5 was clearly better because the HE-5 plays what he can do. Normaly the Jecklin gives the HE-5 a big run but this Jecklin doesnt.
I cant believe this situation and drove to a friend of mine who knows the normal Jecklin fom the "Quad-Fest in Gering". 

After hearing it he says that he does not buy this one because it has nothing to do with the incredible Sound it delivers on the "Quad Fest in Gering"

So i send it back.

After the big Problems with audeze and their driver-issues i now decide to give the Jecklin no third chance.

Sorry!

Be shure that when it works it is clearly the best but for me the Story ends now.

I have considered if i wrote something about this but i think if i can write positiv i also have to write when things not positiv.

I hope that I´m the only unlucky Person and that all of you hear the Jecklin @ 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back