new jaguar
Jan 11, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #16 of 55
BTW I just noticed that it's a hatchback. I'd love to see a comparo between this jagback and the BMW hatchback that's shaped like a shoe - what is it called again? the Z4 or something?

Jan 11, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #17 of 55
I like the overall body styling, but the overdone metal trim screams Nissan Z too me.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Jan 11, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #18 of 55
Jan 11, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #20 of 55
Bunnyears,

A close friend has a new X-type. Handles well. Not very fast (but I drive a Firebird.
smily_headphones1.gif
Reliability and build quality are absolutely awful. And don't even THINK about trying to drive one in cold weather.

I would wager that most of Ford's products are probably more reliable than the Jags.
frown.gif

Jan 11, 2005 at 8:05 PM Post #21 of 55
I'd rather have an old E type... *drool*

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Doesn't anyone have a really cool car here? Like a Citroen DS?
wink.gif

Jan 11, 2005 at 8:14 PM Post #23 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Abuhannibal
Bunnyears,

A close friend has a new X-type. Handles well. Not very fast (but I drive a Firebird.
smily_headphones1.gif
Reliability and build quality are absolutely awful. And don't even THINK about trying to drive one in cold weather.

I would wager that most of Ford's products are probably more reliable than the Jags.
frown.gif

We had a ford explorer and a mercury mountaineer, and the sample defects, the deterioration from wear and tear were awful, not to mention the tire fiasco! A friend of ours bought a taurus when it first came out, and he wasn't thrilled either. I don't know many people who repeat fords, but then that may just be our social circles.

If jags are so temperamental, then I guess that it's only fitting that they find a home under the ford umbrella. Just a case of like going to like.

Jan 11, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #25 of 55
I'll follow dffman2001 words. Performance aside, design is, well, unoriginal to say the best. The front looks like a crossbreed between chevy cavalier (headlights) and ford taurus (grill), the taillights look too much like Mazda3/6.

*yuck*

Jan 11, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #26 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunnyears
We had a ford explorer and a mercury mountaineer, and the sample defects, the deterioration from wear and tear were awful, not to mention the tire fiasco! A friend of ours bought a taurus when it first came out, and he wasn't thrilled either. I don't know many people who repeat fords, but then that may just be our social circles.

Fords are far from perfect car. This is why toyotas and hondas rule the dom of passenger cars (small-medium). However it was Ford who salvaged Jaguar from total self-destruction in quality. Jaguars from late 70's to late 90's were total junk in terms of reliability. Eventually Ford manage to improve the build quality atleast. I understand Jags are far from Lexus, but let's give some credit to Ford for making a monumental effort. Of course, the same applies to horrendous Aston Martins before.

I think we Americans are spoiled by such reliable cars yet quite lazy at the same time. My belief is that Jag and AM will catch up closely enough to German cars where they'll compete mano-a-mano in quality control. Only Ford I'd buy is F series trucks, maybe new mustang gt...Not sure though.

Jan 11, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #29 of 55
That is absolutely gorgeous.

I now have a new wallpaper at work.
wink.gif

Jan 11, 2005 at 10:59 PM Post #30 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspin14m
Gosh darn it! A V8 over 400Hp with NO MT OPTION! NO STICK???? ARGH I HATE TECHNOLOGY!

Please, the car is designed to speed you to 400 between the red lights! A stick just gets in the way of city driving. Ask Tubes about how many times he has to shift into 1st gear driving the streets of Chicago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back