New Ipods on September the 5th!!
Sep 5, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #271 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
8GB iPhone just dropped in price $200. Anyone pissed?

Nope. Happy. Just got mine 3 days ago. Well within the 14 day price match period.
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #273 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the site is just getting hammered from all the people. it happens after most of their announcements.

the store is working alright for me - just a little slow.

But normaly a server overload doesn't crash the browser........

It just takes damn long or it does nothing at all. But this is really crashing my browser, so that i have to use the task manager to shut it down.

Sep 5, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #274 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But normaly a server overload doesn't crash the browser........

It just takes damn long or it does nothing at all. But this is really crashing my browser, so that i have to use the task manager to shut it down.

yep, it's crashed both FF and Safari on me

Sep 5, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #275 of 351
I'm impressed.

A product that finally beats the X5 in battery life, and with a 160GB version at that. As much as I thoroughly hate to say it, almost everyone (even Cowon!) seems to have left the HDD DAP market.

If my X5 breaks and the Zune doesn't gain a larger HDD/Linux support, it looks like the only choice is now the iPod. I want one for the space, but the incompatibility with what I want in a player still annoys me. I'll still have to wait for Rockbox on the 6G anyways since I don't plan on ever using FLAC-less iPod firmware.
mad.gif

I'm awaiting SQ impressions and hoping my battered X5 holds on a little longer. Which brings up another point: I've dropped my X5 onto concrete several times now, and although the aluminum might be showing through on the entire surface from scrapes and gouges, it still works beautifully. And my screen is still 100% scratch free due to my use of a screen protector since day 1.

Sep 5, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #277 of 351
The reason they went with flash memory instead of hdd would be the size factor. But, I would rather have a slightly fatty ipod touch with a decent storage than have a skinny a** ipod touch with useless storage.

I've no doubt the ipod touch will be a big hit amongst general market and loot-at-me-I'm-cool kids. But it doesn't really work for either music and movie which ipod is all about.

I would pick the new ipod classic the jewel of this event since it's the most convincing device of all.

Sep 5, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #278 of 351
Hmmm going onto the US Apple store also crashes my browser.

Soooooo who's going to be first Head-fier to get their hands on one of these ipods and post gratuitous shots?

Order a classic for me zip22
600smile.gif
btw how much is the 160GB classic?

Sep 5, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #279 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm going onto the US Apple store also crashes my browser.

Soooooo who's going to be first Head-fier to get their hands on one of these ipods and post gratuitous shots?

Order a classic for me zip22
600smile.gif
btw how much is the 160GB classic?

Its $479 AU or $349 US

Sep 5, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #283 of 351
When pigs have learnt to fly perhaps, or hell freezes over....

No sooner than that this will happen.

Sep 5, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #284 of 351
i may be the only person here who thinks the touch is enough... i don't need to carry my entire music collection all the time... plus, i'm guessing it's not gonna be too long before someone writes an ftp client or something if you wan't to change your music on the go...

by the way: did anyone else notice that there are no more white ipods? closest thing is silver...

talk about end of an era :p

Sep 5, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #285 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When pigs have learnt to fly perhaps, or hell freezes over....

No sooner than that this will happen.

people were saying (or at least thinking) that about gapless playback, and that showed up on the 5.5 gen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back