New iPods is coming
Sep 3, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #31 of 206
rocket boosters
traffic annihilator rays
bone conducton

seriously though, i just realized how great an ipod with internet would be. i don't want my phone to have internet acess, because i don't want to have it all the time. im already compulsive enough at home with checking email. but on an ipod, that would be great.

Sep 3, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #32 of 206
::looks into crystal ball::

I suspect that it will still play music and connect with iTunes. Wait until the 9th, you'll see. Everyone will buy one.
very_evil_smiley.gif

::looks even closer::

Then an Apple hater will come in here and say it sucks while a fan boy will defend it fiercely. It won't last long though and a few posts will be deleted. Mark my words.
wink.gif

Sep 3, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #33 of 206
I am going to return my classic tomorrow...LOL

Sep 3, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #34 of 206
ARE COMING.

ARE COMING.

New iPods ARE coming.

>_>

I also want FLAC support, it would save me a lot of time not having to convert.

Sep 3, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #35 of 206
i really hope for a cheaper classic. I'll be in if they just drop the price.

Sep 3, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #36 of 206
Jack that Touch UP BABY!!!! This or a Zune 120!!!! BOTH are great choices IMO. And, before I start a wasted debate, they BOTH have their place. Choose the best for you - I'ma' gonna'!!! Bring on the 9th!!!!!!

Sep 3, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #37 of 206
A Apple in-ear headphone bundled with the touch would be nice-so to differentiate from the cheaper model's standard Apple earbuds.

Sep 3, 2008 at 10:54 AM Post #38 of 206
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pecker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha!

Why stop there?

That's more than my wife does. I'm SOLD!

tongue.gif

Sep 3, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #39 of 206
I just wish for one thing, and that is for Apple to stop with their "locking in" behaviour. If that would ever happen, I'd be quite tempted to get one. But I am 99% sure that it won't.

Sep 3, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #41 of 206
I want my Classic to have all the listing features of iTunes. How hard would that be, geez. I love my iPod, but damn, I wish it wasn't as baby-proof as it is and would let us customize it a bit more. A listing by Album Artist would help, for starters... iTunes does it... why not the player?

So, on the 9th, I want a big firmware upgrade, iTunes 8 with half-points ratings and huh... That's it
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #42 of 206
Quote:

New iPod nano and iPod touch dimensions revealed? - Engadget

So, iLounge has a hot tip on dimensions for the hotly-rumored, upcoming iPod nano and iPod touch refreshes. The diagrams appear to the type of thing provided to case manufacturers so they launch their player-hugging wares on day one, but could just as easily be faked, so we'll take 'em with a grain of salt. Of note, the new fourth-gen iPod nano has supposedly slimmed down to a mere 6.08mm thick, compared to the 2nd gen's 6.5mm, while the second-gen iPod touch got all curvy on us like big brother 3G, and similarly adds thickness: 8.4mm thick, instead of 8mm on the original. More exciting than the design tweak is the addition of volume control buttons to the side of the iPod touch, though the headphone port has stuck to the base of the device. Hopefully we'll know more soon, the mock-suspense is just killing us.

Update: A couple have people have pointed out that XSKN has also made a nano 4G case to these dimensions. Hooray for them!

ipod-dimensions-1.jpg

The Touch is going to have external volume control. That alone will probably make me buy one.

Sep 4, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #43 of 206
Hmmm I'm still waiting to see what Cowon will do with the D3... I personally don't like what they've done with the new Nano though. This generation of Nanos was good because it was... Nano? ;t

Edit: Alright I've just seen the new Cowon line up; they've bought me. Sorry Apple! (;

Sep 4, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #44 of 206
To give a better idea in inches based on that diagram.

New nano:
- height: 3.57 inches
- width: 1.52 inches
- depth: 0.24 inches

Current nano:
- height: 2.75 inches (69.8 mm)
- width: 2.06 inches (52.3 mm)
- depth: 0.26 inch (6.5 mm)

That's still pretty small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back