new Ipods cut off linux - rockbox status unknown.
Sep 15, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #46 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the Lockdown goes on.. I love they way they do this and at the same time tell us they want to get rid of DRM.. uh huh sure steve.

Welcome to Apple's world. Sigh

Sep 15, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #47 of 154
In the end, the iPod is actually a pretty unspectacular player. Sure, it's got the HDD...But I could go and put a 160gig HDD into my X5 when they're released, if I really wanted to.

Not to mention the lack of format support...And, the sound...

Sep 15, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #49 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by lustaficko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could someone please explain to me why iTunes is a "total peice of crap"? I really appriciate the simplicity that is iPod+iTunes.

Use something like MediaMonkey or Foobar and you'll understand...

Sep 15, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #51 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use something like MediaMonkey or Foobar and you'll understand...

...or try iTunes on mac OS X.
wink.gif

Totally different experience than with the MS Windows version.

Sep 15, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #52 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

It's funny you say that, as (anecdotal evidence warning) I've heard about 10 Mac users complaining about the lack of Foobar, and they absolutely hated iTunes.

Sep 15, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #57 of 154
This doesn't change my purchasing decision at all. I just want that 160gb drive. Switch with the 80gb in the 5.5gen and, wala, more storage and better battery life (probably will pop a new battery in there at the same time). Put the old 80gb in the classic and pass it off to the little bro to use with his super.fi 3s for Christmas. Everyones happy!

Sep 15, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #58 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by lustaficko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh no! Not mainstream!
eek.gif

Oh no! Not non-existent codec support! Gasp -- what foul man would want to use those despicable formats -- OGG, FLAC, and other video formats! Only the devils henchmen would think such a thing!

Sep 15, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #59 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2 - KR, the reason they've done this is to lock people into not iTunes, but rather the iTunes STORE - MS did the same mafioso tactic with Windows, hence my distaste for these "pirates of Silicon valley"
mad.gif

I watched the Pirates movie on YouTube a while ago; It was really enlightening! I recommend it to all!

Sep 15, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #60 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

Yeah, but if you're one of the 94% of PC users who don't use a Mac then... who cares?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back