New iPod Touch, Nano, and Classic released
Sep 10, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #46 of 164
Interesting on how apple axed the 16gb ipod touch, and made the price of the new 32gb the price of the old 16gb. That way they get people to spend the extra 100 bucks over the 8gb ipod touch to get the 32gb. Smart businessing on apple's part.

Sep 10, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #47 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The nano now reminds me of one of those cheap chinese mp4 players. They've turned into another device with a whole bunch of extraneous non-sense on them. That stupid shaking/shuffle feature, a camera... What's next? A thermometer, maybe? Something to measure your inner chi levels?

A ho-hum of an Apple event.

I heard the next add-in feature will be a blood sampler to check your liver function.

Low blow, I know!
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #49 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by grape ape /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there any battery life specs for the 160gb classic? I can't seem to find the current specs for the new 160.

iPod classic - Apple Store (U.S.)

Battery and power

* Built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery
* Playback time
o Music playback time: Up to 36 hours when fully charged
o Video playback time: Up to 6 hours when fully charged
Battery specifications
* Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
o Fast-charge time: about 2 hours (charges up to 80% of battery capacity)
o Full-charge time: about 4 hours

Sep 10, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #51 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw it all on Engadget, and like I said on Facebook: I had a feeling that Apple was running out of ideas for their iPods, and today proves that. They need to focus on sound quality by now, not gimmicks like cameras.

You are right. To add a camera is a very stupid designing, for there are too much crap cameras even with the low end cellphones. Who like to pay the additional reapt invest for the crap camera?

To any DAP models , to improve it's sound quality is welcomed by all of us.

Sep 10, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #52 of 164
The thing is that from a business perspective, 90% of iPod owners are probably more than happy with the current sound quality. So if they spend money on improving sound quality and say "hey the iPod now sounds a whole lot better", the average iPod user will just be like oh ok but my iPod sounds just great as it is.

But by adding a camera, its a completely new feature, and a lot of people will be attracted by it without realising that you really don't need a camera on your iPod when there is probably a better one on your phone. Putting in a camera is going to get Apple more mainstream attention and sales than improving sound quality.

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #53 of 164
I was under the understanding from various blogs that there was some kind of technical delay in putting the camera into the touch, but that this feature is "coming".

I think the Nano remains a cool device; but already have one from the last generation.

A previous post said the FM device is in the headphone. Is that confirmed? I know there previously was an add-on like that, but the web site implies that the FM is built in.

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #55 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They finally added in the radio support

but where is the FLAC support we all demanded
frown.gif

It has ALAC, so you'll never get it, unless it's rockboxed or maybe w/a jailbreak app.

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #56 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has ALAC, so you'll never get it, unless it's rockboxed or maybe w/a jailbreak app.

Yeah, with ALAC, they will never support it officially. There are programs to convert from FLAC to ALAC (I believe), so there shouldn't be any quality loss when converting between the two. Or, just save some space and go LAME V0, makes sense for on the go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeycam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anybody heard the Touch 3G so far? Is it already in shops in the USA?

Swung by the Apple Store last night, didn't see any of the new stuff up yet.

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #59 of 164
I'm happy with the Radio addition to the nano. I'd go out and buy one immediately if they released a 32GB Nano. Maybe they don't want to poach their iTouch territory, but I don't want an iTouch- I want a 32 or 64GB Nano. I find my 80 GB Classic heavy for running with. And I want a Radio in my iPod so I can stop carrying two portable audio players. But 16GB isn't even close to large enough. 32GB would cut it. Barely.

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #60 of 164
64gb of flash is a big deal. If you haven't noticed, flash capacities for memory cards and mp3 players froze at 32gb for what seems like years.

Not that I'll be getting a new ipod touch, but this will force other companies to innovate and increase flash capacity. Prices will also drop across the board.

I love competition. It's good for my wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back