New Ipod Classic
Mar 28, 2013 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

docked seaman

New Head-Fier
Does anyone have any news if apple is planning on making a new high capacity ipod with 150+ gig.   i was in a istore and they mentioned that they may  be coming out with a new one soon. if anyone knows more about it i would greatly appreciate any info.

Mar 29, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:
Does anyone have any news if apple is planning on making a new high capacity ipod with 150+ gig.   i was in a istore and they mentioned that they may  be coming out with a new one soon. if anyone knows more about it i would greatly appreciate any info.

RIght there already is the 160 ipod classic (you knew that right?!), I've heard rumours but nothing concrete of a 128 ipod touch (lord alone knows what that's going to cost!).  What people are now doing is getting a 5th gen ipod video and sticking a 256 msata ssd in.  They are also sticking a 240 gig hard drive in as well.

Cheers

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #9 of 13
My classic is really old and looking LOD to Solo/Fostex. If new model is lighting line out it would be a different choice instead of the venturecraft 30 pin to USB.

Apr 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:
If they come out with a new one, my question is the plug........

Yes this is my concern 

because I have so many Lod 30 pin to USB 
now with the new lightning look like not so much cable I can do DIY Lightnng to USB , because the lightning connector to small to fit thicker cable .

the same like CL class - dV use mini B USB , now I have limited cable I can do with this 
Ones 

Apr 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #12 of 13
It is strange that Apple has not come out with larger iTouch...memory is cheap...64GB jump drive is $25-50??

At one time the classic had a 250GB HDD...

One can only assume that the iCloud is the reason for holding back larger drives...I would like to see 1TB portability...WD drives are under $100 for 1.5TB.

64GB is wayyy too small for hi-rez.

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:
how does that work exactly putting a new hd in a ipod?

If you do a search on youtube for ipod classic swop hard drive, you'll see videos on how to do it.  There's a choice for the 5th and 7th gen of a 240 gig toshiba hard drive available on ebay for about £80 or so.  Or if you have a 5th gen you can swop the hard drive out for a 256 msata (needs a certain adaptor, again on ebay or amazon)ssd drive.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back