New Ipod classic coming?
Jul 20, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #46 of 52
"Gapless playback on the iPod Classic is shot to bits so far as I can see. The 160 I own cannot do it and pauses the music so frequently, even midway through a song, that I long ago gave up any hope of being able to sit down and listen to albums such as Dark Side of the Moon like I can with my old 5G. I also know 5 other people who all own 6G's and they all suffer this same problem"

I understand your frustration, but I think that the problem you describe is one that many of had until the latest release of the itunes software. Have you tried installing that? Until then we would experience "gaps" in songs that weren't even gapless. Make sure your Itunes and Ipod software versions are the latest.

Jul 30, 2008 at 11:27 AM Post #47 of 52
Whether helpful I can only guess, but I did have both problems described here when I got my classic. It died and was replaced by apple about 2 months ago. The new one now is slow to load the album art like the old one, but the function seems to have been relegated to "background," since I can still scroll up and down all I want without the unit pausing to load the art work. it loads when i stop scrolling.

And the gapless playback problem is gone as well.

Aug 3, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #48 of 52
I had a 160GB Classic and I found it sluggish, and the click wheel less responsive than previous generations. So sold it. Unless Apple fixes issues like that, I wouldn't buy another Classic like iPod.

Aug 3, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #50 of 52
Which version would that be?

Personally, I think the click wheel's lack of responsiveness may be due to the large hard drive. I have the 160G and obviously, if the menus and playlists load faster it would be a plus.

Aug 3, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #51 of 52
Either it doesn't happen with them all, or some people just aren't bothered by it, and thus don't notice. I dunno. Anyone I've ever tried did the same thing, regardless of version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back