NEW iPOD 7G COMING SOON...
Jul 19, 2008 at 6:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 90

davidhunternyc

Headphoneus Supremus
I started this thread in anticipation of the next 7th generation iPod. Currently the 6th generation iPod is ending it production cycle. At the moment, it is difficult to find any information about what the new iPod will look like and what hardware and software differences will occur. There have been rumors that perhaps with the next iPod, it's DAC will be able to be bypassed, thereby serving as a true digital transport. Any postings and links on this thread will help keep us all informed for what is next to come.

Jul 19, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 90
Source of information for that statement please!

Jul 19, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #3 of 90
Well, that is why I said it is just a rumor. I can not confirm the rumor based on all my searches. It is just a friend who is intimately familiar with Wadia and Apple products. I am just crossing my fingers, but it is too early to tell anything.

Jul 19, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 90
Well uh...duh, a new iPod is coming soon. Pretty easy to predict seeing Apple's iPod release calendar history.

Jul 19, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #7 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, that is why I said it is just a rumor

Ok, but then it may be worth to scale down the thread topic a bit.
rolleyes.gif

Cause it use upper case (shouting) and formulated as a statement, not a question. A better one may be "Will the 7G iPod be released soon..?"

May be just me who react though.
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 19, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #9 of 90
250GB would be sweet. My 160GB is almost running out of space
smily_headphones1.gif
and....if it's still hard drive based, i wish it would be quieter. Anyway, i am happy with 6G Ipod as i haven't experienced any problem like others mentioned so far.

Jul 19, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #11 of 90
Sorry for not being informed

But have apple downplayed SQ in favor of price/storage ratio as the storage spaces got larger over the years?
Any accuracy in this impression or am I just being unnaturally suspicious

Jul 19, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #12 of 90
Akabeth my touch certainly seems to sound better than my classic on files of same compression so might have a point but i can go lossless on the classic and not worry about missing out on a must hear track for a situation!
For that reason i go smaller bit rate on my touch and higher on classic!
Amped tho i have listened to a few different players and cant find anything portable which sounds as good as my classic on lossless through Qables silvercab pro into my Iqube kicking through my grado 325's
Think the fully functioning Line Out on the ipod is its true saving grace!!
Everyone raves about the Cowon D2 with its pseudo line out but i honestly prefer my classic!
And i have listened to it!

Jul 19, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #13 of 90
Yes, more and more storage space. How did people survive carrying around their PCDP's not too long ago? Must have been the dark ages. I would rather have less music with fantastic sound quality than vice-versa. Fine. A 250GB iPod would be great but I would rather have a better built-in DAC, amplifier, or a way to bypass the DAC altogether so the iPod could be used as a pure transport. How about a high-end audiophile quality iPod? Wouldn't that be nice.

Jul 19, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #14 of 90
in an ideal world yea!!
surprised one of the headphone or mps companies hasnt released a true audiophile player!
imagine the sales head-fi has generated these companies over the years surely the site is above their corporate radar by now?
Only problem is that the list of "wants" and "asks" would be so unreasonable!
Digital out
Line Out
Decent internal amp
Great DAC
List would go on and on!!

Jul 19, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #15 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatethatgiraffe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in an ideal world yea!!
surprised one of the headphone or mps companies hasnt released a true audiophile player!
imagine the sales head-fi has generated these companies over the years surely the site is above their corporate radar by now?
Only problem is that the list of "wants" and "asks" would be so unreasonable!
Digital out
Line Out
Decent internal amp
Great DAC
List would go on and on!!

The list would go on. You mentioned four things. I would be happy with those!
Imagine Apple creating an audiophile iPod that we wouldn't even need a portable amp/DAC to go along with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back