New iPhone will have multitasking this summer
Apr 10, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSpoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

when you say windows lags are you speaking of the mobile OS or the desktop OS?

i think the new windows phone 7 series is going to be even better than apples phone OS. the early reports seem pretty promising but only time will tell.

Mobile OS, even though i prefer Macs OS on laptop's too but that's a different subject.
regular_smile .gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are comparing a company (Apple) against a product (Microsoft's Windows OS).
Not exactly a fair comparison...
wink.gif

You're right, poor choice of wording. Apple vs Microsoft is more like it. And they're clearly both in it for the money. What I really hate about Apple's marketing strategy is that they make it sound like owning one of their products is part of a enviable lifestyle and most people fall for that crap. They gotta stop targeting the baby boomers.
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't like iPhones. All touch and no buttons (OK, one button).

You don't like to be touched?

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by magicalpig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...What I really hate about Apple's marketing strategy is that they make it sound like owning one of their products is part of a enviable lifestyle and most people fall for that crap. ...

yes that's something that really gets on my nerves too.

Apr 11, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by magicalpig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I really hate about Apple's marketing strategy is that they make it sound like owning one of their products is part of a enviable lifestyle and most people fall for that crap. They gotta stop targeting the baby boomers.
wink.gif

Why does it even concern you? There are loads of competing products you can buy.

Every company markets itself. That's just how it is. I don't mind marketing from other companies. If I don't want their product, I don't buy it. I don't waste my time railing against products I don't like. The K-701 excepted, because I actually bought one and found it awful.

But I haven't had any great problems with Apple products. They work as advertised and do what I need. What's wrong with that? Should I avoid a product that fits my needs because someone buys it unnecessarily?

My guess is that you're young and have lots of free time. I'm in my late thirties and get pinned down at work 70-90 hours a week, not to mention helping to run a family business.

I don't have a lot of time to screw around with various products and carp about perceived shortcomings. If something doesn't fit my needs or requires a lot of fooling with, I don't buy it. My time is limited, so I buy products that work well and don't need heavy modification or maintenance.

Apple fits the bill. Whether you like them or not, Apple gives me what I need with a minimum of hassle. The prices aren't the lowest, granted. But I put in nine years of education beyond high school and work my ass off. I make no excuses for paying a premium. For me, it is entirely worth it so I don't have to waste time on the unnecessary. You might have to put yourself fully in my shoes to understand that, but Apple is the least expensve (in terms of money and time) option out there. I will continue to support Apple as long as they deliver. If a less expensive and highly relaible product enters the market, I will consider buying it.

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #38 of 40
I like Apple. I admit when the iPod first came out I scoffed and snickered Because I liked the iriver better but other than that I like their stuff alot and I now own the iPod touch mainly for wi fi stuff and easy access podcasts which is great. But I think competition is good and there other non apple products out there that seem awesome too which is good. It's all good. (sorry about the cliche expression)

Apr 11, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #39 of 40
I really hope they improve the calendar. A couple things I would like to see:

- They let you see the calendar in List, Day, and Month, but not year. So if I want to see if I'm free on September 30, I have to click through each month, and the button doesn't make that very easy. They should just add a Year view that lists all the months, and you can even toggle between years. The ipad does this nicely. Might seem small, but I work freelance, so it happens a lot.

- It would be nice to be able to set reminders, that set off an alarm with a note, but didn't fill up your day on the calendar, and didn't mark the day with a dot (meaning you have something to do that day). This would be nice for things like reminders to pay rent, move the car for street cleaning on the 3rd thurs of each month, medications that are time sensitive, etc.

Can you send feedback to apple?

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #40 of 40
i would like more alert time options. i can set custom ones on my outlook calendar and they sync over just fine but when adding one in manually on the phone it's very restrictive. i like google calendars way of letting you be alerted multiple times. i like setting an alert for 2 weeks, 1 week, and then 1 day for school projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back