NEW information on JH-3a
Sep 10, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #1,846 of 2,176

The more I think about it the more I wonder what else they could have done.

Quote:
Wow.  It's amazing to me that people somehow still perceive the problem to be w/ the actual product itself.  That was never the issue in my mind.  People should either just cancel or keep quiet till a product appears at the door.  Everything that needs to be said has been said a thousand times already in two separate threads.  This is all just circular mental masturbation resulting from not reading the thread.  

If you comment regarding "the problem" is relative to Customer Service or Communications, I was purposefully avoiding those issues because they have been covered in a number of posts. I was thinking about what they could have done from a design and development perspective. I am not sure what you mean about the actual product itself. JHA has clearly struggled with the development of this product. Conceptually it would seem to be a great product but JHA has struggled to complete it as a production unit. That much seems obvious. I was musing in the last post, about what the result might have been if they had partnered with somebody that had a more complete skill set in the development of a portable amp. While it might have cut through some of the issues, it would seem that somebody (either JHA or a perspective partner) would still have been stepping into unfamiliar territory since this is clearly a portable product innovation. Might have cut into the development time line if only marginally. Who knows?

If you think about it a little, my post is more a comment about how innovative this product is at least from a portable perspective and about life on the bleeding edge.

This is a discussion forum.....No?

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #1,847 of 2,176

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnug /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was musing in the last post, about what the result might have been if they had partnered with somebody that had a more complete skill set in the development of a portable amp. While it might have cut through some of the issues, it would seem that somebody (either JHA or a perspective partner) would still have been stepping into unfamiliar territory since this is clearly a portable product innovation. Might have cut into the development time line if only marginally. Who knows?

If you think about it a little, my post is more a comment about how innovative this product is at least from a portable perspective and about life on the bleeding edge.

This is a discussion forum.....No?

Does your musing include reading that JHA was 'partnered with somebody that had a more complete skill set in the development of a portable amp'?  That it was also developed in tandem w/ the Algorythym Solo?  If you had read the story of the JH3A you would know that the 'partnering' idea didn't work out.  Nobody knows why or what happened, but this is the result wrt the product.  In Head-fi time this hasn't been that long of a wait for a cutting edge product.  At least not unusually so around these parts.  It's been other factors unrelated to the product that is the real problem.  Hell, I once waited 4 months to receive a Sflo2 that was actually deep into production.  Others are still past waiting years for a Xin amp that will never materialize even though people have already paid.  True Headfiers are extremely patient folk.  Many are still waiting for firmware to be written on the Fiio X3.  We wait because we know what's going on.  Fiio tells us. 

So yes, it's a discussion forum.  But noone wants to rehash the past especially when it's not pretty and engage in repetitive anachronistic dialogue.  That's my point.  It's all been covered and done.  You're musing on past events that actually already happened, not hypotheticals.  Read the threads, you'll get the answers.  That's forum decorum.

Edit - Here you go:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/495320/jh-audio-jh-3a  Should have plenty of time to read it before shipping resumes.

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #1,848 of 2,176
I never knew we're not allowed to post what we want to say in a discussion forum (as long as it's not abusive) even if it's stuff that has already been posted hundreds of pages ago that's almost impossible to find, let alone going through all those pages will waste a lot of precious time. You're assuming "no one" wants to ______. I don't think you should post such bold assumptions here but who am I to tell you what you should do and not do? Obviously you have more power than I do and you get to dictate what people should say and not.

Maybe when I spend couple thousand more dollars on equipment and post 1,500 more times I will have as much power as you. :)

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #1,849 of 2,176

Quote:
GG, if you want to reboot every post made about the JH3A go for it.  The forum is yours.

This coming from someone that said American Independence day was BS and shouldn't delay you getting your amp (among other things).  I never said you can't talk about anything.  I don't have any powers beyond what you want to imagine.  We all know your perception of reality GG and many of us employ the ignore function.  You have the same tools available to you at 400+ posts so feel free to exercise your rights.  My post was about forum decorum and clearing up a misconception to a new join (8/2011).  Your post was about painting a straw man and fabricating an alternate perception of reality even though you've been around long enough to know better.  How did you put it?  Maybe you should stop before the mods get involved?  Take your advice. 
smile.gif
 Unless you have an update you'd like to post from Facebook or email?

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #1,850 of 2,176
Hey guys,
Just yesterday I placed an order on JH16/JH3A, not knowning anything about this huge confusion.
I just saw jh16 plus jh3a = 1800U$ and placed an order thinking that I was going to be receiving t within this month.
Bottomline,
Are the JH3A's ready ? Anyone received theirs already ? How long until it´s ready to ship if they aren't ?
I just want to catch up with the current situation.

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #1,851 of 2,176
Present status is the amps are being scrapped and rebuilt from scratch. If we see these by Christmas I'll be surprised. They better have a demo at RMAF when I'm there, though.

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #1,852 of 2,176

As far as Ive seen, I'd say you're the one posting unnecessary comments here Anaxilus. You could've made your point more newbie-firendly, but you purposely made it hostile, and I'm going to ho ahead and assume the reason behind that is, clearly you're above others here and you reserve the right to dictate what goes on and what doesn't. Or at least that's what you're unconsciously thinking.

Your ad hominems are irrelevant to the current argument and I'd like for you to use better arguments to counter mine.

The reality here is anyone should have the right to say or ask whatever they want as long as it's a reasonable statement. Let me also note that I'm against telling people to use the search function, if that tells you anything behind the reason why I'm arguing.

I'd like to ask you how you feel when you're trying to search for An idea that isn't very clear to you yet, and you're forced to sift through hundreds of pages trying to find your answer when there are some peoplee that have been there from the start and can answer your question without second thought.

There isn't much useless ranting going on here like that of some tens of pages back, so I still don't see why you're so hostile against others here trying to vent a small fraction of their frustration in all this. There's nowhere else they can do this and no one specific to really talk to to let out some of their frustrations. Most of us had a chance at it a while back, so let's give the new guys a break. Otherwise they're going to have to go see a psychiatrist or something sooner or later.

I'd like to end this argument here as it doesn't solve anything, but if you'd like to express your animosity then shoot me a pm. I'd really hate for a mod or an admin to take action here.

@tonho_rp
The status right now is as max la says. JH audio is currently waiting on the manufacturer for a timeline, but they do have most of the earpieces built and are ready to ship ASAP after tuning. But unlike what max la said, I would expect them to get to you by late October or early November. However I can't say for sure so it's better shooting Jaime@jhaudio.com a Pm. Good luck, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. It'll all be worth it though :) [hopefully...]

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #1,854 of 2,176
Tonho,

They used to accept refunds until amps started arriving in the house. However with people raising their voicing saying it's illegal to not refund something that we have paid for but product not in hands, they started accepting refunds again.

Just shoot Jaime@jhaudio.com an email.

However, reading what the people who have received their units said already, I believe the wait will be worth it.

Sep 10, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #1,855 of 2,176
Hey guys,
Just yesterday I placed an order on JH16/JH3A, not knowning anything about this huge confusion.
I just saw jh16 plus jh3a = 1800U$ and placed an order thinking that I was going to be receiving t within this month.
Bottomline,
Are the JH3A's ready ? Anyone received theirs already ? How long until it´s ready to ship if they aren't ?
I just want to catch up with the current situation.

They have been ready for shipping since "October 2010" if you believe JH Audio!

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #1,856 of 2,176
No matter how good the product is, i would recommend that everybody get a refund on their unit first.  That way you can all wait for the final units to come out and see impressions from different users. It's not like there is going to be much of a waiting period once you re-order anyhow.  I had pre-ordered mine and received my somewhat defective unit.  I must say that despite it sounding very good I'm just very disappointed in the whole execution of the product and it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth to the point that I wished I had canceled my pre-order a long time ago.

My issue with the whole ordeal is that we were all promised that the product was going to be pretty close to perfected when released.  A few weeks before shipping the first unit, they cancelled pre-orders at which point the first owners started to report all sorts of problems.  I was #5 or 6 and received a unit that wasn't properly tuned.  I paid to ship it back and had it come back with more problems.  Now it's over a month later and i'm still waiting for a revision to come out.  I feel l got a little screwed from being one of the earliest adopters of the product and can't even ask for a refund even though i haven't used mine more than an hour since receiving it (I still have fit issues).

Moral of the story is that I feel most people will feel a lot better about their purchases once the JH-3a is out and they purchase them with a few reviews out instead of being bound by the pre-order money.  That would also be a good message to JH Audio regarding how royally badly they have treated everybody who plunked down their hard earned cash for this product.  If I had a choice, that's what I would do but it's too late for me unfortunately.

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #1,857 of 2,176

They say that is one of the disadvantages of being the early adopter. While what you said is valid, the ones that preorder now or have preorders a couple months ago are somewhat safe from getting unfinished products. I guess it'll just come down to each person if they'll preorder now to get in front of the soon-to-come orderers or wait until many have their units and have commented on how the JH3A sounds.

Sep 11, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #1,858 of 2,176

While this may be justified in a sense, I think it might be harsh and could be something that just potentially gets the project cancelled. Which I don't think anyone wants. 

On the flip side, even though I know JH is probably losing money on these initial units (I bet the time/R&D/parts/etc is well over $150-200k at this point), I believe the right thing to do
would be to offer the initial pre-order customers a gift that's more meaningful tha a sweatshirt for waiting it out. Maybe a free upgrade to v2, or first dibbs on v2 + 50% off, or better
yet, maybe something of immediate value. Because these early adopters are helping make this product possible and most have suffered patiently. They are not obliged to, but it 
would be a nice gesture and IMHO, anything they do to win back people's trust and good will at this point will be money well spent. 
Quote:
No matter how good the product is, i would recommend that everybody get a refund on their unit first.  That way you can all wait for the final units to come out and see impressions from different users. It's not like there is going to be much of a waiting period once you re-order anyhow.  I had pre-ordered mine and received my somewhat defective unit.  I must say that despite it sounding very good I'm just very disappointed in the whole execution of the product and it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth to the point that I wished I had canceled my pre-order a long time ago.

My issue with the whole ordeal is that we were all promised that the product was going to be pretty close to perfected when released.  A few weeks before shipping the first unit, they cancelled pre-orders at which point the first owners started to report all sorts of problems.  I was #5 or 6 and received a unit that wasn't properly tuned.  I paid to ship it back and had it come back with more problems.  Now it's over a month later and i'm still waiting for a revision to come out.  I feel l got a little screwed from being one of the earliest adopters of the product and can't even ask for a refund even though i haven't used mine more than an hour since receiving it (I still have fit issues).

Moral of the story is that I feel most people will feel a lot better about their purchases once the JH-3a is out and they purchase them with a few reviews out instead of being bound by the pre-order money.  That would also be a good message to JH Audio regarding how royally badly they have treated everybody who plunked down their hard earned cash for this product.  If I had a choice, that's what I would do but it's too late for me unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back