NEW information on JH-3a
Jul 10, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #1,156 of 2,176

Quote:
This is almost surreal. I followed the previous JH-3A thread from start to finish when it was locked by Jude and today, of all days I stumbled across this very thread for the first time.
Sure enough I skip to the last page and what do you know? They have actually started shipping only yesterday!

This is an interesting product good or bad and I'm looking forward to reading peoples opinion on the units/set-up.

X2, just catching up today. So less than 20 of these have shipped to date, and some are still in transit?
blink.gif

Jul 10, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #1,158 of 2,176
And the only issue left is a very slight noise floor that has already been lowered?

Sorry just trying to get current. Hopefully production will ramp up rapidly now!

Jul 10, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #1,159 of 2,176

Quote:
And the only issue left is a very slight noise floor that has already been lowered?

Sorry just trying to get current. Hopefully production will ramp up rapidly now!

there is no confirmation on status of the altered noise floor that I am aware of, as i dont believe anyone has posted about or even received a unit since that issue started getting attention.

I hate to get optimistic here..
rolleyes.gif
, but it does seem they are speeding up their shipping lane... though tomorrow may be a very telling day... people are scheduled to recieve, and i'm sure many of us are expecting news from JH on more amps shipping.. I of course am doing my duty and remaining highly skeptical of the latter happening.

Jul 10, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #1,160 of 2,176

Quote:
I had a ridiculously loud and obnoxious "low-level" buzz in my unit, but the gain was misconfigured. I feel it's very likely the noise would have bothered me if the gain was set "correctly"... The fact that Jerry is lowering it further is comforting, but I'm still hoping I'll be happy enough with the noise floor when my unit gets back to me. I'm a bit picky on this one.

I agree with you, though, David. At CJ last year, Jerry assured me the background would be perfectly black. I'm still hoping for the best.

Thank you, thread, for your informed response. My comments are not meant to vilify Jerry Harvey but are intended to encourage and to hold Jerry Harvey accountable for his product. When you take money and you promise a certain product and don't deliver on your promises, then we should all be concerned. With that said, I hope Jerry knocks the JH-3A out of the ballpark. We need extreme qualitative progession in the art of headphone and audio technology. So far, JH-Audio is at the forefront of this evolution. Just because of this, we should not give him a free pass when he does not deliver the products he promises. Instead it is your, the listeners, best interest to hold his feet to flames until he produces the products you have all paid for and expected. When Jerry Harvey promises a black noise floor and does not deliver, then there should be problems. To lower the noise floor by -5db is just acknowledging there is unacceptable noise to begin with. 

Jul 10, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #1,162 of 2,176
I am getting mine tomorrow for sure and will charge it up and listen for any background noise. I am hoping it is all clean. I also have a Hypermac mini to charge up now for longer listening sessions. Will take pictures as well. Wish me luck!

Jul 10, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #1,163 of 2,176
it kind of amazes  me that JH hasnt updated the photo of the 3A on their website from the prototype posted over a year ago....  oh wait... no it doesnt.

they must really believe that absolutely everyone ordering this product is on facebook diligently following their wall and 3A updates, or on head-fi and following this thread.

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #1,164 of 2,176
Received a Black Dragon today. So that makes the following purchases over the last several months when the JH3A was ("weeks" or "days" away):

Inday RGB4X-R toslink to coax converter - $130 (for expected use with my then MacBooks optical out)
Blue Jeans coax to mini - $40 (for then expected mini connection)
Musical Fidelity V-Link usb to coax converter - $170 (for new laptop)
Black Dragon small coax to mini and new plug for BJC - $72 (current mini connection)

I know that's minor compared to some of the crazy expensive jitter reduction solutions members have bought, but fingers crossed it's the last purchase. Now if the JH3A arrives... :wink:

Jul 11, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #1,166 of 2,176
Yeah. Funny, how that lesson wasn't learned from any other company I've dealt with over the last eight years. 
cool.gif

Fingers crossed for you guys receiving today. Hope the good news continues. 

Jul 11, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #1,167 of 2,176
Just called to check the status of my order and was told that my unit will be sent today (finger crossed).  I am #18 (or somewhere there).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back