NEW information on JH-3a
May 25, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #391 of 2,176
w00t! & da countdown begins....! dont why im gettin amp'd here since i wont have the budget for 1 of these til godknows. still im more than pleased that JHA finally made it real & im sure the rumblins & grumblins will subside once these thangs make it to their respective owners.

heres hopin for lots of reviews
beerchug.gif

May 26, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #392 of 2,176
its always disheartening to see questions about the jh3a show up on the jh facebook page only to see them mysteriously dissapear hours later.

second time this has happened.  Havent seen it happen with other posts

May 26, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #394 of 2,176
So, for all we know Warp may be in possession of his JHA-3 right now?

May 26, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #395 of 2,176

Quote:
So, for all we know Warp may be in possession of his JHA-3 right now?

No, not yet.  Jerry when he called me yesterday--on his own accord--to inform me of the latest tweaks he's been making to the DSP firmware parameters.  The lab has closed the shells at that time and the system was being prepared for shipment.  I have asked him to hold off for Saturday delivery, because of my current work schedule, I could not sign or pick up the package.  An hour later I got the attached pre-generated UPS shipping notification.

He had sounded a bit tired, but very upbeat on the phone about the way his own JH-3A production unit was performing after all the optimization and fine-tuning.  Saturday can't come soon enough, but bills must be paid...

I'll post an update on Saturday evening.

May 26, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #396 of 2,176

Thank you! Can't wait!
Quote:

No, not yet.  Jerry when he called me yesterday--on his own accord--to inform me of the latest tweaks he's been making to the DSP firmware parameters.  The lab has closed the shells at that time and the system was being prepared for shipment.  I have asked him to hold off for Saturday delivery, because of my current work schedule, I could not sign or pick up the package.  An hour later I got the attached pre-generated UPS shipping notification.

He had sounded a bit tired, but very upbeat on the phone about the way his own JH-3A production unit was performing after all the optimization and fine-tuning.  Saturday can't come soon enough, but bills must be paid...

I'll post an update on Saturday evening.

May 26, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #397 of 2,176
Can't wait for Warp's review. At the same time, seeing an actual UPS shipment label knowing I ordered only days later frustrates the heck out of me as we have no announcement when and if the 2nd shipment was ordered yet. I also can't believe there has been no announcement or pictures on Facebook.

May 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #403 of 2,176
It works. 
regular_smile .gif
 More tomorrow, for now it needs burn-in. Artwork needs replacement and I need my Sonicweld Diverter 2.0 for better jitter control but it is at least 2 weeks away still.  The JH-3A shows up as a Redbook USB DAC and behaves as such.  "Mic" input selector is no doubt for pro-use only.  Vocalists should do themselves a favor and stick with the JH13 version, but a lot can change with a better cable and burn-in.  I know I won't touch the "Bass" dial too many times, but it's good to have on hand.  The system easily dips into sub-bass range, lowest test signal I have is 16Hz, no problem there.

I'll let it cook for now and post some impressions tomorrow or Monday.  Here are some pictures I've made:

http://gallery.me.com/warp08#101334&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=24

May 28, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #405 of 2,176
Thanks for the pics, Warp!

So what's the mic input selector for? Wouldn't you just feed an analog mic input in the same as any other analog input?

Also, why should vocalists stick with the JH13 version, Warp? I thought it was our understanding that one can always dial down the bass on the JH16 version to make it sound like the JH13 one. I've been of the impression that if you were willing to spring the bit extra cash, there was no reason not to go with the JH16 one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back