NEW information on JH-3a
Apr 13, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #78 of 2,176
I e-mailed Jaime today to change my ear bud wire length from 48" to the 64" length.

I asked her how the 3A was coming along.....

[size=11pt]Hi Roy,

I have adjusted your order.

We got the new prototype in today.  Tomorrow Jerry will test it.  If he finds it is right then he will give the go ahead to the manufacturer and they have told us it will be a week from that time until we get them here.

Thanks,
Jaime
[/size]

I thought some time ago they said 48" was the only option (also only silver) on the JH3A-JH1X, and they were converting all orders to 48"/silver no matter what was ordered. Were you able to get it back to 64" again?

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #79 of 2,176

Quote:
Quote:
I e-mailed Jaime today to change my ear bud wire length from 48" to the 64" length.

I asked her how the 3A was coming along.....

[size=11pt]Hi Roy,

I have adjusted your order.

We got the new prototype in today.  Tomorrow Jerry will test it.  If he finds it is right then he will give the go ahead to the manufacturer and they have told us it will be a week from that time until we get them here.

Thanks,
Jaime[/size]

I thought some time ago they said 48" was the only option (also only silver) on the JH3A-JH1X, and they were converting all orders to 48"/silver no matter what was ordered. Were you able to get it back to 64" again?

You know that's a good question. Since the old thread was shut down I been in the dark here.
I am not aware of the silver nor the 48" only. All I can say is I asked for the 64" and Jaime said yes.

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #80 of 2,176
i hope longer runs can be made. I intend to use these for home listening only so I'd like access to a 7-10 foot cable. Will these be able to be made by custom cable makers or is this a special cable? If it's only available from JHA and not long enough it will be a deal breaker for sure.

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #81 of 2,176

Quote:
i hope longer runs can be made. I intend to use these for home listening only so I'd like access to a 7-10 foot cable. Will these be able to be made by custom cable makers or is this a special cable? If it's only available from JHA and not long enough it will be a deal breaker for sure.

noooooobody knows, just like nooooooobody knows - *bites lip* *shoots steam out of ears*

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #82 of 2,176
According to Jerry, the unit is calibrated (among other things of course), to the cable length. Changing that would mean a very minor change in the sound. (In the bass if I remember Jerry's words from CanJam 2010 correctly...) So since they don't even offer a 7-10 ft cable, you might have a bit of trouble getting that. You might want to speak to them directly about that...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Apr 14, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #83 of 2,176
I'm in a similar situation, but why wouldn't you want to take care of the distance with the digital input cable? Or the analog input cable if you go that route? On top of possibly superior SQ, your volume/bass controls would also be nearby.

I had Blue Jeans Cable make a 20' RCA to mini spdif for this reason.

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #84 of 2,176
The coffee table (where my gear sits) in my living room is about 4 feet in front of me. Add 3 feet for safety and ease of use and you are at 7 feet already. I had a 6 foot cable with my HD600 and it was really tight when I would lean back in my recliner to relax to my music.

Although.. since the JH3A is a DAC and amp that removes a good chunk of gear from my table. I could just run the line to my side table right next to me since the JH3A box is so small it won't take much space and it would only be about 2 feet from my head in that location.

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #85 of 2,176
someone on facebook asked about the battery - in case you are a head-fier i can answer your question -

Brent Douglas Cool, two questions for you:
1) are the batteries in the 3a AA or other standard type or built-in rechargeable?

i asked a lot about the batteries months ago when I ordered and was told it is a built in rechargeable.. i wanna say lithium, and they assured me it is also user replacable.

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #87 of 2,176

1. size]

Brent Douglas Cool, two questions for you:

1) are the batteries in the 3a AA or other standard type or built-in rechargeable?

2) Is the earliest the 3a will ship "winter 2011" :frowning2:
    16 hours ago

JH Audio The 3A uses two rechargeable Lithium batteries. They last up to 20 hours. Shipping should begin within the next month. We will have an update later today. 3 hours ago

So it looks like May                                                 ... be. 

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #88 of 2,176

Quote:

1. size]

Brent Douglas Cool, two questions for you:

2) Is the earliest the 3a will ship "winter 2011" :frowning2:
    16 hours ago

JH Audio The 3A uses two rechargeable Lithium batteries. They last up to 20 hours. Shipping should begin within the next month. We will have an update later today. 3 hours ago

So it looks like May                                                 ... be. 

boy they really know how to hold out on their updates unitl my blood is ready to boil. 

Apr 15, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #89 of 2,176
Agreed! This has definitely been the most agonizing purchase I have ever made. I just hope the juice is worth the squeeze. What I still don't understand is why they couldn't begin making and shipping units out, as there was only one last programming defect to solve. Wasn't that the point of making the MCU flash-updateable? Something seems weird to me about that... I will definitely be cancelling my order, if there is no concrete news of substance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back