New Inear Prophile-8
Apr 18, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #663 of 786
Any suggestion on cheap(preferably less than USD 100) replacement cable while retaining the original sound?
I do not care about high-end super thick cable or 4.4 balanced plug. I actually prefer soft and thin and light cable.

The reason I want to get a new cable because the original cable are
- Too hard and too easy to kink
- I do not like memory wire
- Too long and I prefer straight plug.

I bought a aftermarket silver strand mixed with 7N OFC copper cable and the sound altered A LOT
The air is gone, everything sounded muffle and the bass became much punchier and pronounce and vocal became very upfront (probably due to loss of treble hence perceived more bass but I do not like that).

Thank you in advance.

May 20, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #664 of 786
Trying pp8 with different cables: pwaudio saladin 4/8 wires-1980s, rhapsodio 2.98 they all change the sound too much compared to stock cable. Overall i like the sinergy with copper-silver cable Magnus( stock cable for Heir 10.0).
For the eartips i like paired with spinfit cp145 and final audio type E eartips( they help with better sub-bass and to give a bit more mid-bass helping to have a better male vocal reproduction)

Oct 27, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #665 of 786
Hey,
How would you compare it to Sony IER M9 and other TOTL IEMs available today in sub 1500$ range.

We posted a review of the SD5 with a lengthy comparison to the PP8. Some nice pics also from Klaus :)

".The InEar StageDiver 5 are technically easily the best of the series. In fact, I think the SD-5’s strengths even outperform the company’s reference flagship ProPhile 8 if linearity is not a top priority. The tonality is extremely engaging and balanced at the same time and I can see some less experienced users thinking they are neutral. I have become a big fan of the midrange and I am surprised how easily my mind adapts to the signature."

https://headfonics.com/2018/07/inear-stagediver-5-review/

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #666 of 786
Hey,
How would you compare it to Sony IER M9 and other TOTL IEMs available today in sub 1500$ range.

You would need to ask that directly from Klaus who did the review.

Oct 28, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #667 of 786
Best.jpg

Shanling M0 => Xduoo XD-05+ (Sparkos SS3602) => Labkable adapter => EA Thor II => PP8

Oct 28, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #668 of 786
Hey,
You would need to ask that directly from Klaus who did the review.
Sorry, I can't help with the Sony IER-M9 as I haven't gotten my hands on them. I've been following some reviews and they all are written quite favorable, though I'd expect the Sony to have quite a bit more warmth and low-end fun - and also better treble extension. If that's what you're looking for, then the pool of competition expands considerably. On the other hand, if it's mostly linearity and monitoring capabilities you are looking for, I'd still recommend the PP8 without doubts.

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #670 of 786
amazing headphones, how much do not increase the volume, nor what frequencies do not shout, as a result, the volume interval, within which it is comfortable to listen to music, is very wide ... wider than with any other headphones

Glad to see you're as happy with them as the rest of us! I've had mine for a year now, just recently added a balanced cable. I am still thrilled by them - many times after a listening session I'll take them off and remark how wonderful they are. Still very much my "gold standard". Hope your upcoming year is full of very happy listening!!

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #671 of 786
Glad to see you're as happy with them as the rest of us! I've had mine for a year now, just recently added a balanced cable. I am still thrilled by them - many times after a listening session I'll take them off and remark how wonderful they are. Still very much my "gold standard". Hope your upcoming year is full of very happy listening!!

Well, I'm also a happy PP8 owner for more than one year and very very happy. They are my reference IEMs when I listen other gear in comparison and they never cease to amaze me. Extremely musical full of details with timbre and tonality pleasant to the ears. Don't intend to sell them in the forsseable future even though they are not perfect (I miss a punchy DD sub bass sometimes but not a big deal).

Jan 4, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #672 of 786
Well, I'm also a happy PP8 owner for more than one year and very very happy. They are my reference IEMs when I listen other gear in comparison and they never cease to amaze me. Extremely musical full of details with timbre and tonality pleasant to the ears. Don't intend to sell them in the forsseable future even though they are not perfect (I miss a punchy DD sub bass sometimes but not a big deal).

They are quite something aren't they? I auditioned them at CanJam so was able to compare to TOTL offerings from many big name companies and they were the clear winner for me. I'd like another chance to compare with some of the JH IEMs - I remember checking them out (maybe the Lola) once a long time back and was taken aback by the details. However, these were almost three times the price of the PP8s. Those are the only IEMs I've heard that might beat the PP8s for me, and it was quite a long time time ago that I heard them!

Jan 12, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #674 of 786
really liked the two-flange ear cushions from spinfit (cp240)

I had to Google them to make sure you weren't pranking us with some inside out tips! I've been using standard SpinFits so far - after a fair bit of testing I found they worked the best with the PP8s...what advantage do you find from these? Not challenging: interested to know if it's worth me exploring!

Jan 12, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #675 of 786
I had to Google them to make sure you weren't pranking us with some inside out tips! I've been using standard SpinFits so far - after a fair bit of testing I found they worked the best with the PP8s...what advantage do you find from these? Not challenging: interested to know if it's worth me exploring!
very good isolation (almost like etymotic), as a result - very deep and powerful bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back