New Inear Prophile-8
Mar 4, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #646 of 786
Mar 4, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #647 of 786
The sounding between materials will differ if the canal which the sound travel through are also made with different materials. From the available photos, the wooden shell pp8 have the same plastic canal as the normal pp8, so likely the sounding should be the same.

I tried the wooden SD5 & plastic SD5 and didn’t hear any difference.

Mar 4, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #648 of 786
May I ask which dealer did you get them from? Or should I send you a PM? Thank you in advance..

PM me, but I guess the woodie version (with switches) should be available but at not-insignificant extra costs of course - the switchless version should be same price as the boring black version with switches as per inear's website. It seems that my local dealer has only got in woodie+switches version, which is a wise move I gotta say.

Mar 4, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #649 of 786
The sounding between materials will differ if the canal which the sound travel through are also made with different materials. From the available photos, the wooden shell pp8 have the same plastic canal as the normal pp8, so likely the sounding should be the same.

I tried the wooden SD5 & plastic SD5 and didn’t hear any difference.

I was told by the shop, who was in turn informed by the distributor, that the tuning is a tiny bit different.

Well, I have never heard a distributor telling people their newer product sounds exactly the same as their previous offerings, so I guess that's just normal marketing crap lollllll To me they sound almost exactly the same, the difference may be down to different run in time only. The sound bore appears to be the same plastic/carbonate material as the normal version.

Mar 4, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #650 of 786
I was told by the shop, who was in turn informed by the distributor, that the tuning is a tiny bit different.

Well, I have never heard a distributor telling people their newer product sounds exactly the same as their previous offerings, so I guess that's just normal marketing crap lollllll To me they sound almost exactly the same, the difference may be down to different run in time only. The sound bore appears to be the same plastic/carbonate material as the normal version.
I heard the same from some shops as well, but the inear told me otherwise a while back so I guess different people have different hearing sensitivity. The iem which I hear very noticeable difference is Noble Encore Brass vs. Normal.

Mar 27, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #652 of 786
Mar 27, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #653 of 786
Ortofon silicone eartips works best for me with PP8S. They are super soft compared to other quite stiff tips (especially Symbio). https://www.ortofon.com/silicone-eartips-p-732

Thanks for the suggestion man. Appreciate it. What about cable setup? 8 braid double helix symbiote pure silver cable on 4.4mm is pretty godly. I'm wondering how do they sound with Effect Audio Eros II 8 braids.

Mar 27, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #654 of 786
Thanks for the suggestion man. Appreciate it. What about cable setup? 8 braid double helix symbiote pure silver cable on 4.4mm is pretty godly. I'm wondering how do they sound with Effect Audio Eros II 8 braids.
Original creator / founder of PP8 said (think its also here in the early pages of this thread), that cable changes are not recommended. PP8 reference tuning was done using this particular factory cable. Any sort of cable change will result in different impedance and unwanted results, so the tuning will be only made worse than it is originally intended.

Mar 27, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #655 of 786
Just got myself a pair. This is pretty much end-game iem for me (the search is over for now). Any ideas on what eartip would fit the best for pp8? I am currently using symbio w.
Congratulations! I'm still over the moon with mine too!!!
Just a note on tips - they can alter the sound considerably. Be prepared to experiment with multiple types in order to find the best balance of comfort and sound for you.
I ended up with Spinfits - I would rather have used Spiral Dots or Comply foam, but the Spins gave me the best sound.
I wish you hour upon hour of blissful listening :)

Mar 27, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #656 of 786
Congratulations! I'm still over the moon with mine too!!!
Just a note on tips - they can alter the sound considerably. Be prepared to experiment with multiple types in order to find the best balance of comfort and sound for you.
I ended up with Spinfits - I would rather have used Spiral Dots or Comply foam, but the Spins gave me the best sound.
I wish you hour upon hour of blissful listening :)

I tried the CP100 and CP145, didn't work out so well for me. Both wouldn't give me a good seal. I'm going to try the Ortofon. I'm pretty happy with the result I'm getting with Symbio W. I just ordered Symbio N as well to compare it with the Ws.

Original creator / founder of PP8 said (think its also here in the early pages of this thread), that cable changes are not recommended. PP8 reference tuning was done using this particular factory cable. Any sort of cable change will result in different impedance and unwanted results, so the tuning will be only made worse than it is originally intended.

I know about that tuning thing, but I just can't help it. The stock cables looked pretty whack (I know it's Lab1 medical grade cable :p). I'll try around some cables and see which cable give me the most similar result to the stock cable.

Mar 27, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #657 of 786
Just got myself a pair. This is pretty much end-game iem for me (the search is over for now). Any ideas on what eartip would fit the best for pp8? I am currently using symbio w.
I started with Spinfits, then Ortofon (very comfy), then spiral dots (very airy), then Symbio (N) peeled (so without the foam insert), and now I found the tips where it just sounds right for me, the Final Audio E tips (black version) which has the most balanced sound and also enough bass while keeping the upper mids in check. For you it might be the other way round though, because everyone hears it differently :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #658 of 786
Final E type (black) best choice for me too!
Eros II delivered this afternoon, so not much time to test it, but I don't ear any change in sound signature/balance with respect to stock cable, only a wider soundstage, which is good (for me), because narrow soundstage was my only complaint with PP8.

9940005_l.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #660 of 786
You should speak with the In-Ear team about your idea! :)
As the PP8 is very tip dependent I felt that only with the Spiral Dots the upper mids were (with some albums) a tiny bit too much. But the vocals came beautifully forward.

With the Ortofon tips (that are, by the way, the most comfortable) I didn’t hear any overpowering at all. But for sure it’s also a DAP pairing thing.

I tried some tip rolling and found out the Ortofon and AZLA Sedna Eartips suits PP8 the most, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back