New Inear Prophile-8
Apr 27, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #556 of 786
[QUOTE = "noplsestar, post: 14200856, участник: 449844"]
Thanks for the review!
Can you please tell us which IEM‘s you have heard, so that we know where you‘re coming from?
And which cable were you using?
What about the DAP pairings, is there a favorite?
[/ QUOTE]

I have Etymotic ER-4S / SR, Lime Ears Aether, Jomo Haka, Westone UM PRO 30 and UM PRO 50 (v. 2017), AA AM5LAM, CA FIBAE 2, 64 Audio A18, U12t, were in use of tia TRIO and FOURTE, most recently I wrote my review in Russian about InEar StageDiver SD-5, also through me there were a lot of other IEM / CIEM models. Cable, as I wrote in my review, I used HanSound RedCore. You can see a lot of my reviews on my site (audio-ph.ru), but they are in Russian and you need google translate. One of my favorite DAP is Lotoo Paw Gold.
Thanks! How would you compare the 64audio A18t with the ProPhile8?

Apr 27, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #557 of 786
Thanks! How would you compare the 64audio A18t with the ProPhile8?

The 64audio A18t has a more massive and rich sound, with a slightly neatly accented upper middle (vocal parts). PP8 is more even and measured, monitor sound.

May 27, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #558 of 786
The 64audio A18t has a more massive and rich sound, with a slightly neatly accented upper middle (vocal parts). PP8 is more even and measured, monitor sound.
And someone just said the opposite on another thread. The u18t being more balanced, technical while the pp8s is more fun.

May 27, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #559 of 786
And someone just said the opposite on another thread. The u18t being more balanced, technical while the pp8s is more fun.
different ears :wink:)
they both share very similar signature - neutral take on the sound. While PP8 sounds more technical, more reference, so you can pick obviously more details from them. U18 sounds still very neutral but there are some details pushed to the background and U18 are also more easy to listen.

Important note - PP8 are tuned to have this signature with SILICONE tips. And U18 are tuned to use with FOAM (Comply) tips. once you will use foam with PP8, neutral sound is completely messed up. Same with U18 - once they are used with silicone, it is nowhere near neutral and there is noticeable sibilance in higher mids.

May 27, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #560 of 786
they both share very similar signature - neutral take on the sound. While PP8 sounds more technical, more reference, so you can pick obviously more details from them. U18 sounds still very neutral but there are some details pushed to the background and U18 are also more easy to listen.

Important note - PP8 are tuned to have this signature with SILICONE tips. And U18 are tuned to use with FOAM (Comply) tips. once you will use foam with PP8, neutral sound is completely messed up. Same with U18 - once they are used with silicone, it is nowhere near neutral and there is noticeable sibilance in higher mids.

Yep that was my point, music reproduction is very subjective and reviews should only be taken as a guideline, moreover I'd only consider a handful of reviews a consensus. But many are finding the LX better overall than the u18t so theres that :)you sold urs haven't you?and btw I used to put silicone tips but moved to foam for the u18t

May 27, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #561 of 786
Yep that was my point, music reproduction is very subjective and reviews should only be taken as a guideline, moreover I'd only consider a handful of reviews a consensus. But many are finding the LX better overall than the u18t so theres that :)you sold urs haven't you?and btw I used to put silicone tips but moved to foam for the u18t
Yes I sold mine PP8 and bought smaller version PP8 S :wink: .. my only concern with them was ergonomics.
Loving both and they complement each other

20180419_183048 (Priime Analog).jpg

May 27, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #562 of 786

Whether intentional or not the supplied spinfits are definitely the way to go with the PP8. I personally think it's as balanced and neutral is it gets and more so than the U18. One can always argue musicality but used correctly, the PP8 is a scalpel.

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #563 of 786

I have A18t and there were also U18t, as well as U12t and many other IEMs/CIEMs which I have now. U18t because of landing in an ear, tips and perhaps because of shell material, sound a little differently, is more lightweight, having bigger emphasis on (mid high) allocating vocals. While A18t sounds has more grown, massivno and deeply. When I described the comparison, I meant to castes version 18

May 30, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #565 of 786
May 31, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #567 of 786
[QUOTE = "Джонатан Лернер, сообщение: 14273182, участник: 483349"] Я интересовался получением iem и заметил, что есть 2 размера. Так что если Vegas arwaabout 1,5 мм от касания задней части раковины моего уха и se846 действительно касается раковины моего уха, я должен пойти на большой или маленький? [/ QUOTE]
I was interested in getting the iem and noticed that there are 2 sizes. So if the Vegas arwaabout 1.5mm from touching the back of the conch of my ear and the se846 does touch the conch of my ear should i go for large or small?

I think PP8 have a only two sizes, "M" and "S". Anyway you can specify this question at the inEar

May 31, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #568 of 786
I was interested in getting the iem and noticed that there are 2 sizes. So if the Vegas arwaabout 1.5mm from touching the back of the conch of my ear and the se846 does touch the conch of my ear should i go for large or small?

Go for to the S model. I've had a regular pp8 and they are realy huge, like 3 times bigger than the vegas.

Vega vs andromeda

9842572_thumb.jpg

Andromeda vs prophile8
Andromeda-ProPhile-web.jpg

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #569 of 786
Anyone have PP8 and also U18? I'm torn between them. Both iem is on the way to me, and I need to let go one of them. I have them on classified already and need quick decision as few guy interested on both iems (need to sell one of them). How is the PP8 soundstage, detail, transparency and bass compared to U18? Really appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back