New Inear Prophile-8
Feb 24, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #301 of 786
  maybe i should try and take a look LOL..   

yeah right 
dt880smile.png

yo..where you get yours in SG? mind to PM me :p ?

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #303 of 786
I find it quite hard to rationalise why would anyone purchase more than one TOTL IEM... Most of their performance is quite similar and I'm satisfied with my mid level IEMs but I use my AirPods as much because I don't need to care about cables, IEM tips, insertion depth etc.

Having said that, a neutral IEM that is also tuneable is very appealing.

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #304 of 786
I find it quite hard to rationalise why would anyone purchase more than one TOTL IEM... Most of their performance is quite similar and I'm satisfied with my mid level IEMs but I use my AirPods as much because I don't need to care about cables, IEM tips, insertion depth etc.

Having said that, a neutral IEM that is also tuneable is very appealing.

TOTL or not TOTL, i have not heard 2 iems that have the same signature. All are different some more than others. But it's also about fit, comfort and mood. And of course bragging rights. :)

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #305 of 786
TOTL or not TOTL, i have not heard 2 iems that have the same signature. All are different some more than others. But it's also about fit, comfort and mood. And of course bragging rights. :)

Of course they won't sound the same but TOTLs will be on a same level in terms of fidelity and we all only have one pair of ears. Besides, our brains tend to normalise the sound over time, the differences will be less marked unless we compare them.

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #306 of 786
TOTL or not TOTL, i have not heard 2 iems that have the same signature. All are different some more than others. But it's also about fit, comfort and mood. And of course bragging rights.
smily_headphones1.gif

I totally agree on that but with the PP8 and the switches you can influence the signature. So you may stretch that period of time until you want another one. That's human nature in the modern world. We always tend to get sth. better although better rather means sth. different.

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #307 of 786
For those of you hoping for a smaller version of the PP8 you can keep the faith. Although we discussed here that the shell of the PP8 is pretty much packed, Marco told me today that he hasn't dropped the idea of creating a smaller version. But he also said it will be very hard and atm they are super busy so this might take probably a long time.

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #308 of 786
I totally agree on that but with the PP8 and the switches you can influence the signature. So you may stretch that period of time until you want another one. That's human nature in the modern world. We always tend to get sth. better although better rather means sth. different.

You raise a good point, that is the point of diminishing returns - you're paying more for the sound signature than fidelity.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #309 of 786
Now thomann waiting list pushed until 22nd of march.. luckily i should get mine this month batch..

Haha they told me in Thomann, this February batch was 4 pairs only :D 
Happy that I was already in :)

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #312 of 786
Nice review I am working on mine, too. I can totally agree with it. PP8 actually does sound even better than I remembered based on a few hours of demoing.
But I am still a bit confused about the stage. It actually feels pretty much like a similar size to the Andromeda but instruments on the Andromeda sounded as if they have a wider distance from each other. PP8 sounds a bit more connected although width and depth are pretty similar. Maybe I use this explanation in the review. I can't describe it different.

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #313 of 786
I just got mine and i like it, and it fit my small ears.. i was worried it wont be fit well like TG334 but i was wrong :)
some conversation i got with Marco
me:What i find interesting is the vocal.. I saw some review where they say the vocal bit more distance..  and i like vocal so i am bit worry.. And i see it in some songs but not in other.. In ballad it is as close as i wanted and usually hear.. Maybe related with the mixing/remastering process of the original song? Interesting
marco:yes.. what you can hear is the way of mixing and mastering.  You only can hear it with a very neutral iem.

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #314 of 786
Yeah it's also very tip dependent. With Spinfits it's perfect for me. I was worried about it, too and some other things coming from the SD2 and I told Marco in some songs I would wish a bit more bass (with the SD2). So he suggested that I like the PP8 with bass switch on. But actually it sounds perfect without any switches if you give them some time. The quality of the bass is just superb so you get a better feeling of that impact without emphasizing the frequency range.

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #315 of 786
  Nice review I am working on mine, too. I can totally agree with it. PP8 actually does sound even better than I remembered based on a few hours of demoing.
But I am still a bit confused about the stage. It actually feels pretty much like a similar size to the Andromeda but instruments on the Andromeda sounded as if they have a wider distance from each other. PP8 sounds a bit more connected although width and depth are pretty similar. Maybe I use this explanation in the review. I can't describe it different.

Thanks. I haven't heard Andromeda so can't comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back