New Inear Prophile-8
Feb 21, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #272 of 786
I was using it in reference mode on a DP-X1.. I got totally blown away with the details. 
Just jumping the gun a little, any recommendation for custom cables to match this monster ? 

Marco from InEar said that PP8 was tuned with the stock cable, so he recommends not to change the cable as it would change the sound and so won't be "reference" anymore.

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #278 of 786
Damn, you are lucky. I have to wait...
frown.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #281 of 786
Very glad to see the PP8 start receiving very positive feedback as more people receive their pair. These are truly end game IEMs for me. I didnt think any other IEM would be better than the Zeus XR Adel, but the PP8 is right there. Everytime I listen to them, I am still amazed by the width of the soundstage. 

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #282 of 786
  Very glad to see the PP8 start receiving very positive feedback as more people receive their pair. These are truly end game IEMs for me. I didnt think any other IEM would be better than the Zeus XR Adel, but the PP8 is right there. Everytime I listen to them, I am still amazed by the width of the soundstage. 

PP8 is definitely amazing but I wouldn't highlight the soundstage that much. It is very good without a doubt but due to the reference signature it's not the nature of a reference monitor to be super wide. Actually soundstage was the only point I would prefer Andromeda over PP8.
InEar really should get some more attention here because the Stagedivers already have a very good (3D) soundstage and performance.

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #283 of 786
  PP8 is definitely amazing but I wouldn't highlight the soundstage that much. It is very good without a doubt but due to the reference signature it's not the nature of a reference monitor to be super wide. Actually soundstage was the only point I would prefer Andromeda over PP8.
InEar really should get some more attention here because the Stagedivers already have a very good (3D) soundstage and performance.

I agree that InEar should get more attention. I own the Andromeda too (Great IEM), but I feel the width of the  sound stage is better on the PP8. I'm using the WM1Z to compare the Layla II and the PP8 now, and the PP8's sound stage is very close to the Layla IMO. They both have a similar and very accurate and coherent sound stage to my ears. I think the Layla alone proves that Reference type sound signature IEMs have the ability to have a wide and detailed sound stage. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back