New In-Ear gym use - Help needed
Aug 1, 2014 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Labze

New Head-Fier
So, I am looking for a new in-ear to use while at the gym. Sadly my right Sennheiser IE8 nozzle randomly decided to break off. This leaves me without a pair of in-ears to use as im not fond of using my more expensive pairs. So i have done a bit of searching here on recommended headphones for gym use, and it seems the soundsmagic E30 name keeps appearing for being affordable and good sounding. I thought it would be a easy pick until i saw most people got them for around 40$, but i can only find them at around 40£ which is close to a double up in price and don't know how good of a value they present at this price. Can they still be recommended at this pricetag or should i be looking at something else? Most post ive came across are several years old so something new might have come up as well. The choice of music i mainly listen to at the gym is rock, various electronic genres as dubstep, psytrance, house and the alikes, pop and a bit mixed stuff.

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #2 of 3
This forum is a little bit higher end.  Westone's are best for exercise working out.  Look at the various models to see what fits your budget and need.  Otherwise go to Target or Walmart.

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #3 of 3
Same here :) I was searching exactly the same topic, and I came across the same results.
I have also found a couple of references to Pioneer SE E721 as good&cheap IEMS for running and workout.
I'm still out for something on the 40-60€ range, but I'll probably go for the E30s for less than 40€ if nothing else shows up.
I already have a pair of yamaha eph100s, but I find them uncomfortable and difficult to stay in-ear (with loads of different tips) during "normal" usage, so I won't even try them for running. Moreover I'm looking for something more balanced thant the EPH100s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back