new im716s
Apr 13, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #16 of 18
Tough call, but most say the 47ohm value is the best, if you have to choose one. I just want to do two things, one is get rid of that pod. Two is to turn the 716s in to a phone that doesn't require an amp, and has a little more bass out of the HP jack. I think the 47ohm resistor hits those two.

Apr 13, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealBigMeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so after reading all the great things about the im716s i found a decent deal for some on ebay and just went for it. i find myself very dissapointed. i first thought that i was unable to get a good seal, so i tried both tips and i have pretty decent isolation so im unsure if this is the problem. The only other in ear phones i am comparing to are some 20 dollar panasonic ones, and the im716s sound a little clearer, but at the same time far off in the distance a little, and also lack so much bass that i cant stand it. any ideas?

I was dissapointed too in the beginning but i like them now. IMO the problem is that you haven't adjusted to their sound signature yet. Give them a chance, listen to them for awhile and if you still don't like the sound sell them and buy something "warmer"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back