New IEMs to replace my destroyed FA Eterna rev 1
Sep 23, 2011 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Lotharius

New Head-Fier
Hello

So I am in need of new pair of IEMs. I used to own FA Eterna rev1 but somehow they became, I would dare to even say, disintegrated. I don't know how it happened nor when but after looking for them for over a week I found them on my couch under a pillow and they looked like something that had been through a bear attack - cables were into pieces, strain reliefs were broken and even the freakin ear tips were mauled and I don't even have any pets and I live alone (in my mom's basement - ok, not really, yet)

Anyways long story short -> Eterna's = dead and I = need new IEMs.

I liked the Eterna a lot and the new ones should be similar in their sound but maybe even more bass...
blink.gif
And the price range should be similar to that of Eterna's or lower (in my country 70-80 bucks is a good sum of money especially to waste on headphones, so I'd be quite sad if somehow I'd ruin even more expensive headphones next time :S )

During the last year my audio sources have changed too - sold the iPhone 3G which had a bit better than average SQ and I now own a LG Optimus One which has a totally average sound IMO (at least while listening through ATH-M50) and my old and trusty iPod Classic 6Gen (which, at least according to many reviewrs, is not the best sounding PMP) Anyways I don't see myself buying a good SQ stand alone MP3 player (like Cowon offerings)  for portable use anymore or at least any time soon.  

So that raises some questions :
1) should I even buy ~70+ dollar headphones or maybe some cheaper models would be totally adequate for such audio sources 
2) buy some IEMs that funtion as a headset for mobile phones like a-Jays Four or Etymotic MC2 ?

That's about it, so shoot.

Edit: Bluetooth headsets would be OK for me too and I would be willing to pay for those a bit more too

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #4 of 4
On GD-Audiobase's webpage it says:

Fischer Audio renewed Eterna v.1 production!

Fischer Audio always take care about their customers, and since Eterna v.2 didnt match their expectations, Fischer Audio company decided to renew Eterna v.1 production. From our last meeting with Fischer Audio, we have got to know that first new batch with Eterna v.1 have to be ready to the mid of December. So our stock will be updated with Eterna v.1 approximately in the end of this month. At this time we accept pre orders for Eterna v.1, and all who wants to receive it first can pre order it right now in our shop. Update 02.02.2011: ARRIVED!!! In Stock.

Edit: Hehe, just looked at the receipt and my Eterna's were actually rev 1 not rev 2. Remembered that I specifically asked GD if they still had Rev1 in stock when I wanted to order and I got the last pair. Oh well R.I.P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back