New IEMs that I should be looking into
Apr 29, 2019 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

yoyojoe

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I've been kind of out of the headphone scene for awhile and need to pick up a new pair of iems. I just wanted some quick recommendations. My price range is somewhere around 300, I'm just going to be running it mostly from my phone (pixel 3), and I listen to indie rock and probably top hits. I am looking at comfort first and sound quality second just for reference.

Headphones I currently own and enjoy:
shure se215 (currently broken after 8 or so years)
grado sr80

Also was thinking about getting some westone w40s (they have them on sale at b and h for like 230)

I have sold off everything else either because I didn't like how they sounded or because of comfort. Also looking for something different than my shure. I want to spice it up a little bit.

Here is a reference list of the headphones I have owned and have passed on:
AKG 240 MP sextette
Sony MDR F1
Beyer DT 990 (600ohm)
Sennheiser HD 650
Beyer Custom One Pro
AKG k550
Sennheiser HD 280
ZMF Vibro
Bose QC1 and 2, and 15
AKG k81dj
Audio Technica ES7
Audio Technica AD700
Audio Technica A900x
DT770 pro (80ohm)
JVC fx1100
Ultimate ears Triple Fi 10
panasonic hdj 900
pioneer hdj 500
ultrasone edition 8
grado ps500
ultasone signature pro

May 2, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #4 of 6
I liked the the comfort, isolation, convenience of switching cables to Bluetooth, and the bass. Otherwise I thought they were a solid all around headphone and I didn't want to pay way more money for marginal gains from the rest of the Shure line.

May 2, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #6 of 6
I was just hoping to try something new. I haven't purchased any headphones in a long time and just wanted to see if anything new was going to blow my mind (given that it has all the other features I want).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back