New IEM's; Sony X.
May 23, 2010 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

luq92

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I need some advice.

I'm seeking new earphones to fit my Sony.
I've been using Shure SRH440 for a while, but i decided to sell them and to make my portable set more ... portable. I've got added NC-020 as well, but they sound a bit crappy to me.
My favourite music genre is hard rock - feeling the power is what i really need. I've got some blues and metal tunes as well, so new IEM's should rather be balanced and "universal". Sound quality is the most important thing.
They should also be comfortable and solid.
Price: up to 250$.
I've been thinking of IE8's, EX700's, AKG K370 and W2.
If I lived in US or UK, i'd probably choose Westone's. But unfortunately ( or fortunately ) i live in Poland and it's a bit tricky to get them ( one reseller - ~360$ ). Is it really worth that effort ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
luq

May 23, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 30
I will highely recommend these few IEMs and some are already in your list like DBA-02(highely detailed n balanced with wide soundstage), DDM(balanced, detailed, wide soundstage), IE8(huge soundstage, cirsp, warm, dark but very engaging sound) and W2(well balanced).........

May 23, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 30
I could recommend you the W2's.

Coming from a sony EX-500 user, don't get the 700's. 
Why?
Because the warranty only lasts for 1 year, and on top of that SONY repair/replacement standards are very very poor, trust me.
SO:
I haven't tried the 700's, but haven't had many positive aspects from them.
IE8's got them in from amazon, be it fake or not, they were re-packaged, and i didn't have a good experience looking for "genuine" ie8's

Bought the W2's, absolutely love them, but the bass level isn't that significant. It's very controlled, and composed.
Here check this thread out:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/493113/westone-2-picture-gallery/15

Enjoy :)

May 23, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 30
Thanks!
It seems that IE8 meet my requirements perfectly. And they're easy for me to get.
Need to test them soon :wink:

I have considered W2 but after thinking it over i decided to give up idea of buying them - it'd be like a shot in the dark. They aren't well-known here in Poland so i won't even have the possibility to test them.

May 23, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #6 of 30

Quote:
Thanks!
It seems that IE8 meet my requirements perfectly. And they're easy for me to get.
Need to test them soon :wink:

I just pray you don't fakes or re-packaged ones like i did. 
They ticked all the boxes for me, until i lost around 3 weeks dealing with amazon, to get my refund back.

Not putting you off, but that's the harsh reality.

May 23, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #7 of 30
@helljudgement - ... and additional 100$ :wink:
@Totally Dubbed - i've been told the same thing many times and i'm aware of it. I've seen a topic containing the comparison beetween fakes and genuines. I think it may be helpful.

May 23, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #8 of 30
I can definitely help you with the purchase. Livve in the UK and will be travelling to Poland in July.

Quote:
Hey,

I need some advice.

I'm seeking new earphones to fit my Sony.
I've been using Shure SRH440 for a while, but i decided to sell them and to make my portable set more ... portable. I've got added NC-020 as well, but they sound a bit crappy to me.
My favourite music genre is hard rock - feeling the power is what i really need. I've got some blues and metal tunes as well, so new IEM's should rather be balanced and "universal". Sound quality is the most important thing.
They should also be comfortable and solid.
Price: up to 250$.
I've been thinking of IE8's, EX700's, AKG K370 and W2.
If I lived in US or UK, i'd probably choose Westone's. But unfortunately ( or fortunately ) i live in Poland and it's a bit tricky to get them ( one reseller - ~360$ ). Is it really worth that effort ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
luq

May 23, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #9 of 30
i had both the W3s and IE8s. I found the IE8's bass a bit overwhelming at times, and it made the highs sound a bit recessed, but the soundstage was huge and powerful. However, my ears couldn't take the bass and I fatigued easily. The W3s have sparkling highs and a tight bass, with an average soundstage. However, they are very detailed and precise and you hear a lot of things in songs you've never heard before because of the crisp sound. I ended up selling my IE8s to a local and keeping the W3s because I look for detail in my music. If soundstage and power is your thing, you can't go wrong with the IE8s.

May 23, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #11 of 30
W3 - just like W2, but also too expensive :frowning2:
I incline to buy the IE8s - just need to test them before. What about their comfortability? ( i wonder if it is comfortable when a cord goes above our ear; is there a possibility to do the flipside mod ? )

PS: What does "OP" stand for ? :)

May 23, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #12 of 30

Quote:
W3 - just like W2, but also too expensive :frowning2:
I incline to buy the IE8s - just need to test them before. What about their comfortability?

PS: What does "OP" stand for ? :)

I knew i would have to face this one day...i don't know, i just know it relates to the thread creator, you :p
Please someone tell me too :D

Operating programmer...?
oats protein?
:D!
list goes on for me...

May 24, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #14 of 30
okie dokie, good luck then!
Although i didn't quite get why you asked us?
As even when we gave you advice, you had your heart, mind and soul dedicated tot he ie8's lol...not a bad thing, but to great if you want to listen to different ideas :)

Hope you find the IEM you love or have fun with the ie8's when you get your hands on them!

May 24, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #15 of 30
Sure, PM me anytime before July so I can buy what you need and bring it to Poland. I can even ship it to Poland for you if you want it before July.

Quote:
If you didn't tell me, I'd probably never work it out :D

@Szadzik - i'll let you know as soon as i tested the IE8's, k ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back