New IEM's or send back broken ones.
Oct 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

trapking

New Head-Fier
After about a year my munitio nines broke. I love them but i haven't been able to find a good reliable review on them because i feel like i can get better IEMs. I only really listen to Rap and Hip hop and they have great bass but im not sure how to judge them and this is why im not sure if i should get a different brand or send them back. I've been looking at the shure se 215, se 315 and the westone adventure alphas. i heard they all have good bass and are pretty clear but I am not sure if i will regret buying new ones. Also how durable are they? My nines were extremely durable. thanks to anyone who helps. I am a newbie to all of this thank you!

A few of my songs to give you an idea:

full clip - gang starr
take a walk - masta Ace
everythings gonna be alright - naughty by nature 
Eric B is president - Eric b and rakim

Oct 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 17
go to the munito nines threads and ask what has a bit more clarity, otherwise unless someone has heard the nines ( like in the thread ) nobody can give a proper GUESS for something else. In the end it all comes down to an educated guess.

Oct 27, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #5 of 17
And a friendly heads-up, you've made another thread about a question still very much related to this one, that could have been asked on this one - makes it a bit hard for others to jump back and forth to answer that, just confusing all-around.

Not the thread police or anything, just a heads-up, feel free to disregard.

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #6 of 17
And a friendly heads-up, you've made another thread about a question still very much related to this one, that could have been asked on this one - makes it a bit hard for others to jump back and forth to answer that, just confusing all-around.

Not the thread police or anything, just a heads-up, feel free to disregard.

I just realized that I got these two replies and yeah thanks your right.

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #7 of 17
go to the munito nines threads and ask what has a bit more clarity, otherwise unless someone has heard the nines ( like in the thread ) nobody can give a proper GUESS for something else. In the end it all comes down to an educated guess.

is there a munitio thread? Not asking you to find it but if you can give me a link that would be helpful thanks.

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #8 of 17
Oct 28, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #9 of 17
http://www.head-fi.org/t/496692/teknine-nine-millimeter-iems-munitio-website-launches

Not a very active thread, but it's not a very popular phone, unfortunately.
There's also a search function up top, it's not very useful on some occasions, finding specific posts works fairly well, not the same with threads though. You can use google search and append site:head-fi.org to the search term
thanks a lot also do you have any recommendations? I like rap and hip hop thanks

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #10 of 17
Musical genres aren't really specific enough to point to anything substantial half of the time, perhaps lay out some more specific sound (bass, midrange, treble qualities/quantity preferred, presentation, other descriptors) / physical properties (like build, fit, isolation)?

A price range would be nice as well, just so that we don't suggest anything too expensive from the get go. And you won't believe how many times people wind up suggesting something but it turns out that it's not available to them (in their area, what have you), if you have anything strange to specify on that front, be sure to let us know beforehand.

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #11 of 17
Musical genres aren't really specific enough to point to anything substantial half of the time, perhaps lay out some more specific sound (bass, midrange, treble qualities/quantity preferred, presentation, other descriptors) / physical properties (like build, fit, isolation)?

A price range would be nice as well, just so that we don't suggest anything too expensive from the get go. And you won't believe how many times people wind up suggesting something but it turns out that it's not available to them (in their area, what have you), if you have anything strange to specify on that front, be sure to let us know beforehand.
(this is what I said on the other post does this help? Also price range up to 250). I have 3 main questions about these 2 IEMs. Comfort, bass, and durability. I used to own the munitio 9mm they hadrons good bass but I'm not sure how to describe it they were really comfy and durable. I read the 3s have really good bass and I love rap and hiphop but would they completely overpower the vocals and other things? On the other hand I read the 2s don't have as much bass but have all around sound. Finally can I settle for the 2s or should I make the jump?

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #13 of 17
(this is what I said on the other post does this help? Also price range up to 250). I have 3 main questions about these 2 IEMs. Comfort, bass, and durability. I used to own the munitio 9mm they hadrons good bass but I'm not sure how to describe it they were really comfy and durable. I read the 3s have really good bass and I love rap and hiphop but would they completely overpower the vocals and other things? On the other hand I read the 2s don't have as much bass but have all around sound. Finally can I settle for the 2s or should I make the jump?

The 9mm are all metal right? The Westones won't inspire as much confidence due to the weight, but they usually fare quite well. The cable and strain relief, and all. 

Depends, the W3 goes for a very cool and clear presentation, bass definitely overshadows quite a bit though. Plus the upper-mid to treble gets pretty bright. You're not going to get a lot of information around the vocal area being pushed forward. You're also right in that the W2 definitely does not sound as bombastic. 

What you might want to consider, is making a compromise with something like the UM2 or UM3X, both of which are warmer, and has substantially more impact down low (less on the latter), though still not as prominent as the W3. The plastic shells are also a bit more rugged to the hands. 

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #14 of 17
The 9mm are all metal right? The Westones won't inspire as much confidence due to the weight, but they usually fare quite well. The cable and strain relief, and all. 

Depends, the W3 goes for a very cool and clear presentation, bass definitely overshadows quite a bit though. Plus the upper-mid to treble gets pretty bright. You're not going to get a lot of information around the vocal area being pushed forward. You're also right in that the W2 definitely does not sound as bombastic. 

What you might want to consider, is making a compromise with something like the UM2 or UM3X, both of which are warmer, and has substantially more impact down low (less on the latter), though still not as prominent as the W3. The plastic shells are also a bit more rugged to the hands. 
I heard either the um2 or the um3x sounded flat and actually kinda bad would you say that? Thanks for all the help btw

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #15 of 17
Well, they have more body in the bass to these ears, perhaps the opinions of them being flat was meant as in their presentations - well at least the UM3, not sure why anyone would say that about the UM2. It's a very width-oriented presentation, stage-wise, for sure. But everything's well defined - it's something you have to hear to understand, words can't really do it justice. It's laid out flat but has depth with each flat layer because they are layered - that's my best attempt at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back