New IEM's for dubstep/DnB/breaks/electro
Dec 27, 2011 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

markrl

New Head-Fier
Hello all!

I think I am ready to upgrade from my HJE-900 to something a bit better. I have DT-770/80's as full size cans, which i'm pretty happy with, and a GoVibe Martini and FiiO E10 which should do any IEM fine...
I went to a shop and tried a whole lot today, including atrio's and couldn't find anything with as good bass, (quantity, but also, clarity, and tightness) All the BA headphones I tried were nowhere near enough quantity and feel, but I didn't try all of them... :) 
I then managed to overhear someone else in the shop mention his JVC FX700 (nowhere stocks these) and had a listen to them and wow, these are amazing headphones. I'm now thinking they're my best bet, but I'm not 100% yet... What do you guys think??

Thanks,
Mark

Dec 28, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #4 of 11
Yeah I have tried the TF10, it's just not the same, no impact... I'm used to full size cans like ultrasone 900's...

IE80?! What is this??
I tried IE8 and the (sub)bass isn't as good as the HJE's surprisingly, it's much more rumbly and lacking definition... Not as tight impact and it actually detracted from the mids quite a bit....
W3 I didn't manage to try, I will do when I go back to the shop...
If that's the dual driver JVC thingo, I tried that but it doesn't have the strong subbass I'm looking for... :/

Dec 28, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #6 of 11
Also checkout the Artio MG7 or GR07, they both have really good bass and would work well with the styles of edm you like.

Dec 28, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
Also checkout the Artio MG7 or GR07, they both have really good bass and would work well with the styles of edm you like.

GR07 yes, but I won't recommend Atrio MG7 for EDM, it's more suited for RnB and Hiphop

Try any of these ones for EDM

Hippo VB - I was a sceptic until I pulled the trigger and bought one, the bass is better than Atrio's and Westone's, truly superb
FA Silver Bullet
UE700
TF10

Dec 28, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #9 of 11
Depending on your budget, the ClarityOne is an excellent sub $150 option for said genres. If you don't mind paying the premium, however, you won't find better bass quality than with the FX700 or IE80, both worth equal consideration. In either case, bear in mind that isolation is sub-par. From the sound of things, you're much better off with any one of the aforementioned dynamics.

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #10 of 11
The atrio's I tried were MG7 loaded, they were lacking something, I couldn't quite put my finger on it but I think it's the sub bass slam in your ears, like what you'd get a tightening of your chest on a good pa, that was lacking... if that makes sense... GR07? is that the old driver?

With those customs, I can't find any 3.A? but the 1964-Q, I'm not convinced by BA, everyone I've tried doesn't have the impact and feeling that dynamic gives...

I tried the VB, but it's not very good anywhere except bass.... Silver bullet pretty sure I tried too, I can't remember what I didn't like, I'll have to try it again. TF10 I've never liked much, will have dig up my dad's old pair to remember why...
I'll have to try the UE700 though..
Have never heard of ClarityOne, my budget is around $400 though... I haven't seen IE80 anywhere, so I'll have to wait to hear that to decide between it and FX700... I don't mind sub par isolation, actually sort of good as I walk around with IEMs in...

In customs, what is there for a budget of around $550 that will do these genres very well with dynamic, or similar actual movement feel of dynamics?

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #11 of 11
The UE700 was not satisfying in the bass department for bass reliant tracks like dubstep in my experience. Although the TF10 does have more bass, I still find it lacking in comparison to the FX700s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back