New IEM manufacturer "Sonocore" from S.Korea
Feb 11, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #16 of 30
Wow. I already got them in the mail! I've listened to a couple of songs. I first tried some black shure e2c tips which always gives me the best seal for wide nozzle iems. I couldn't stand listening to them with those tips because the bass was over dominant. I just tried the standard tips, and it sounds less bassy and more balanced to my ears. The housing looks like it's made out of cheap plastic and the cable is rather thin.  I'll burn them in for a bit and then I'll make some more comments about them.

Feb 12, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #17 of 30

Sweet! I look forward to your impressions =)
Quote:
Wow. I already got them in the mail! I've listened to a couple of songs. I first tried some black shure e2c tips which always gives me the best seal for wide nozzle iems. I couldn't stand listening to them with those tips because the bass was over dominant. I just tried the standard tips, and it sounds less bassy and more balanced to my ears. The housing looks like it's made out of cheap plastic and the cable is rather thin.  I'll burn them in for a bit and then I'll make some more comments about them.

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #20 of 30
I just got them today!

There is an awefully lot of bass. Not the boomy kind but the punchy kind. Although it is still slightly muddy but I tell that the clarity is not compromised. Will let it burn in over the night and see what happens. Accessorieswise is a slight disappointment. Only 3 pairs, one ridculously long extension cable.  There is a nice mental casing which is kinda a suprise for something of that price

Feb 17, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #21 of 30
I have listened to it briefly and it is actually quite an enjoyable basshead IEM. The build quality in comparison is a little disappointing though. If it is better built, it would have been a really great buy for its price. I will write a review once I have mine in a few weeks.

Feb 17, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #23 of 30

Quote:
I have listened to it briefly and it is actually quite an enjoyable basshead IEM. The build quality in comparison is a little disappointing though. If it is better built, it would have been a really great buy for its price. I will write a review once I have mine in a few weeks.

Hmm that's strange. I actually thought that the build quality is pretty decent but i thought it can be more professionally built.

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #24 of 30
I was off for a week and have let them burn in.

The Good:The bass is controlled and hits low. The soundstage is both wide and tall.

The Bad: The midrange and highs have only decent clarity and resolution. Not very good at handling complex passages.

Overall: Good value for the price but don't expect 'OMG these are like, the best'

Feb 19, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #26 of 30

Quote:
I was off for a week and have let them burn in.

The Good:The bass is controlled and hits low. The soundstage is both wide and tall.

The Bad: The midrange and highs have only decent clarity and resolution. Not very good at handling complex passages.

Overall: Good value for the price but don't expect 'OMG these are like, the best'

i I kinda agree with your assessment. But they could really have provided more tips and scrap that replacement cable that is ridculously long to be used.

But this is really a good basshead iem for the price. Possibly the best bass at this price region. though the midrange and highs are just decent only :frowning2: and yes not very good at handling complex stuff though it kinda shine on more mainstream music like rihanna, lady gaga or eminem and stuffs. but arcade fire/ the suburbs don't sound very good with these.

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #29 of 30
Just received my Sonocores... Testing them out without amping just to see how it handles raw sound. They're a bit thick below, some bleeding into mids fresh out of the box. Decent listening. Not sure how they handle in comparison to Monster Turbines (haven't gotten my hands on them), but they're decent for their price. Bass is pleasantly punchy, not overwhelmingly boomy. My Hippo VBs have more sub-level oomph than these, but the Sonocores are cleaner, better detailed. Mids and Highs are pretty decent, not sibilant but honest with the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back