New IEM 40-80. For traveling
Nov 16, 2010 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jensenks

New Head-Fier
Hi

I'm looking to buy some new IEMs. I listen to all kinds of music, and I'll be using them with my Nexus One Smartphone.

Overall sound and comfort are my preferences (They will mostly be used while traveling)

I've been looking at these candidates:

Klipsch Image S4
Sennheiser CX 300-II
Denon AH-C360
Etymotic MC5
Bose In-Ear

But please recommend others if you don't consider these the best in the price range.
I really appreciate all the help I can get, because I don't really know a lot about this.

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 7
How will you be traveling? On foot, airplane, car, etc? Will you be sedentary or mobile? I ask because those factors (especially background noise) will affect the recommended IEM.

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 7
Those are really all over the place in every aspect, from sound signature to isolation and fit, which may explain why noone is voting. They aren't really competing products. 

If you want the maximum isolation for your plane travels, however, it's got to be the MC5. The deep fit will take time to get used to but for total silence on planes they are very hard to beat.

Nov 18, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #6 of 7
Alright. There is a offer on the Sennheiser IE6 on newsegg. Are these good IEM's for 80 dollar? (They seem to be getting mixed reviews) And are they any good for traveling?

Nov 18, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #7 of 7
Isolation is average at best but otherwise they are decent. $80 is the absolute most I would pay for them - the MSRP is a joke. If you want some more IEMs to look at in the price range, check out the Fischer Audio Eterna and Brainwavz M2. I like them better than everything on your list except the MC5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back