NEW! iBasso D-Zero Mk2
Aug 20, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #301 of 334
  Hos does it compare to the Topping NX1.  I currently have the NX1  and like it a lot but find that it can barely drive my HD 25's.  Does great with my TF10's though.

It's a solid upgrade over the NX1. Feel like it drives all the portable headphones I've tried on it fine. 

Aug 21, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #303 of 334
What aabout the dac section?

That was the DAC section I was using when I did the HD25 testing fed from my Galaxy S3. Its a good dac/amp, much better than NX1, I don't think anyone could go wrong for the price iBasso are asking. Like I said, for me to say the HD25 sounded spacious on the previous page basically turns backwards on everything HD25 soundstage should produce, I was surprised. I don't only feel iBasso got the performance above its price range though  as we're moving into late 2015 products are performing better and better as they outclass the last.

Aug 21, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #306 of 334
I meant NX2. Also is there something better than Diego I should consider.

I'm not sure what you mean by Diego?

Do you mean DZero MK2? Yes, possibly Oppo HA-2 or JDS C5D, though really the logical step up would be iBasso's new Bushmaster. It really depends if you need portability. Even myself still learning, I find if you listen at your computer or stationary you'll nearly always achieve better performance from a wall powered desktop amp or dac/amp.

Sep 23, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #309 of 334
Anyone with units from December experiencing times when the amp/dac portion will cut out and disconnect from time to time?

My unit still shows it's connected to the computer, and the red light shows it's still being charged, but sometimes the yellow indicator light will be gone and it won't work as a DAC.

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #310 of 334
  Anyone with units from December experiencing times when the amp/dac portion will cut out and disconnect from time to time?

My unit still shows it's connected to the computer, and the red light shows it's still being charged, but sometimes the yellow indicator light will be gone and it won't work as a DAC.

has you change your usb cable ? 

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #314 of 334
Is there a burn in period? Mine sound like it's missing mid-bass but has tons of 30-50hz bass, maybe too much.
Was considering returning it but after all the glowing reports here maybe it just needs to burn in or maybe my unit has an issue.

(note I'm using it in my car from my LG G4 as a DAC to my audio input on my Pioneer premium sound which is quite nice for a factory system)

Oct 29, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #315 of 334
Hi - I've decided to gain more hands-on experience and managed to pick up a second-hand D-0 (not ibasso but Mini Audio) --- amp sounds great via aux, but dac I can't get to work... plugged via supplied USB into 2 different laptops with different Windows versions... the music does not go via the D-0 but plays on the laptop speakers as always (tried various ports and other cables ... no connection to the D-0) - what am I doing wrong?
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back