NEW! iBasso D-Zero Mk2
Jul 3, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #256 of 334
  Can the iBasso take USB in from an iPod and use it's own DAC or will it have to use the DAC in the iPod? It's a 160GB Classic on latest (last) firmware.

It doesn't work with ipods.  There are very specific units that do, none of which are iBasso units.

Jul 3, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #257 of 334
OK, I am not having any luck getting this to work on my phone, I plug it in, try google play music and nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you using an OTG cable? Having never owned an iPod, I can't speak for it, but the D-Zero MkII works just fine with my LG G2 via OTG USB.

Jul 3, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #258 of 334
I'm using a OnePlus One, I was using the OTG cable the iBasso came with and I also tried the OTG cable I have from OnePlus and the normal USB cable for charging the iBasso, no luck on any combo. I also posted in the OnePlus forum and someone said they get external DAC to work with the USB Player Pro or whatever it's called, I was hoping to be able to use Google Play Music as that's the easiest way to do it, so I'll keep experimenting but there's a good chance I'll return the unit.

Jul 4, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #260 of 334
Yes I have a lot RFI/EMI noise, see here my solution: http://www.head-fi.org/t/741541/new-ibasso-d-zero-mk2/240#post_11721090

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #264 of 334
  I'm using a OnePlus One, I was using the OTG cable the iBasso came with and I also tried the OTG cable I have from OnePlus and the normal USB cable for charging the iBasso, no luck on any combo. I also posted in the OnePlus forum and someone said they get external DAC to work with the USB Player Pro or whatever it's called, I was hoping to be able to use Google Play Music as that's the easiest way to do it, so I'll keep experimenting but there's a good chance I'll return the unit.

you MUST use USB Audio Player Pro or ONKYO HF player. No other software will work. Google play music, Poweramp, Shuttle+, Apollo and other will NOT work at all

Jul 23, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #265 of 334
  you MUST use USB Audio Player Pro or ONKYO HF player. No other software will work. Google play music, Poweramp, Shuttle+, Apollo and other will NOT work at all

I tried the ibasso d-zero on my samsung note 4 with ONKYO HF player free and it didn't work. Although the onkyo hf player free was already running in the background when i plugged the d-zero, should i've closed the app first? or the d-zero doesn't simply work with the onkyo hf player free app?

Jul 23, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #266 of 334
On my Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 5.1.1 and my Sony Xperia Z1 compact with Android 4.4.4 and I can use the D-Zero Mk2 with all apps, like Neutron Music Player and Qobuz, no problems. There is no need for UAPP or HibyMusic or Onkyo HF Player if you play not more than 16/48 music files.

Jul 23, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #267 of 334
Yeah close the app first. UAPP is still the best though and will output 24-192 files to the D Zero, I suspect that may be down sampled to 16 bit though but have no way to prove it.

Jul 23, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #268 of 334
has anyone tried the Oppo ha2? I've read a lot of great reviews and was wondering if the sound quality made it worth the extra $$

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #269 of 334
Yeah close the app first. UAPP is still the best though and will output 24-192 files to the D Zero, I suspect that may be down sampled to 16 bit though but have no way to prove it.

Thanks for clarifying. Will try it again tom at the store.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #270 of 334
I've had the d-zero for quite some time now, but given that it is the first and only dac/amp that I've owned, I haven't experimented it with other equipment yet.

I'm planning on getting a Senn HD600, but I'm quite unsure if the amp section of the D-zero is capable enough. So my question is, given that the modes available are "OFF", "AMP" and "DAC+AMP", how will I make it that the D-Zero would only use the DAC part then pass on the amplification part to another amp, say an Obj2? 

Would using the "DAC+AMP" mode then linking to another amp via the aux in/out lead to double amping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back