NEW! iBasso D-Zero Mk2
Jan 11, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #93 of 334
Audible clicks i hear from both channels (separately|)  when turning the unit on. 

I get hissing when I use my Philips Fildelio S2`s if the iBasso D-Zero MKII is set to high gain. No hissing if I use my Fidelio X2`s on same setting.
No hissing from the S2`s if in low gain mode.

Problem I have just now is that 24-bit  files are giving me flakey static. The audio craps out periodically and just pumps out static noise, normally when i`m switching between tracks. Even the test tone on windows audio driver set-up highlights it randomly if i select 24-bit audio.

Oddly, it`s the same static noise as the Schiit Fulla gives out on the faulty 24-bit, 96Khz units with the wrong oscillators. ( I have one of them also).

Anyone else experiencing this? 

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #94 of 334
Your software settings can also be a source of such problems.

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #95 of 334
Hi every one I have been interested in picking up the D-Zero, I currently have the Fiio E07K does any one know how the 2 compare? Thanks for any information.

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #96 of 334
Audible clicks i hear from both channels (separately|)  when turning the unit on. 

I get hissing when I use my Philips Fildelio S2`s if the iBasso D-Zero MKII is set to high gain. No hissing if I use my Fidelio X2`s on same setting.

Problem I have just now is that 24-bit  files are giving me flakey static. The audio craps out periodically and just pumps out static noise, normally when i`m switching between tracks. Even the test tone on windows audio driver set-up highlights it randomly if i select 24-bit audio.

Oddly, it`s the same static noise as the Schiit Fulla gives out on the faulty 24-bit, 96Khz units with the wrong oscillators. ( I have one of them also).

The audible click sounds are normal, as kindly pointed out to me by lin0003.
As for the hissing, I cannot say for I have limited hardware. I do hear hissing with my UE600 on low gain, though.

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #97 of 334
I can hear some hiss with my UM3x (low gain) but very very slight nothing to worry about, at least for me, maybe people that want black background won't be for them.

Most important is the amazing sound and perfect volume with almost zero imbalance.

Jan 12, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #98 of 334

as mentioned by many other head fi-er's the clicking and/or pop sound you hear when you turn the unit on or off is normal for the MKII and the best suggestion is to turn the units volume to zero or make sure your headphones are unplugged before powering the unit on or off.I can hear some hiss on high gain yet its nearly inaudible,honestly something i really have to listen for  and even then it only occurs when the volume is near maximum output .

I haven't had any issues whatsoever with sound quality issues concerning 24 bit files using Foobar 2000 (version 1.3.5)  in windows 7. thus far my MKII has been nothing but stellar, i've only had the unit about five or six weeks now but I am really more than satisfied with the performance and quality,especially for such a low price.I hope you can find out whats causing your troubles with 24 bit files and that it's not the MKII.have you tried playing the same 24 bit files on another computer or DAP? just curious,keep us posted as to what you find out but you definitely should not be experiencing any kind of static with the MKII

Jan 12, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #99 of 334
  as mentioned by many other head fi-er's the clicking and/or pop sound you hear when you turn the unit on or off is normal for the MKII and the best suggestion is to turn the units volume to zero or make sure your headphones are unplugged before powering the unit on or off.I can hear some hiss on high gain yet its nearly inaudible,honestly something i really have to listen for  and even then it only occurs when the volume is near maximum output .

Thanks for the replies. I should have been more clear when i posted. I was just acknowledging the clicks and hiss as another member had queried it. 

Absolutely no problem to me at all to me. The Schiit Vali makes the same clicks when powered up, and i appreciate/understand the need.

iBasso think it`s the unit at fault with 24-bit decoding, so it`s on its way back to AMP3 for replacement. Will know in a few days when new one arrives. The Meridian Explorer 2 and Schiit Fulla i have also been testing show no issues with same files, so at this point i'm not thinking it`s my system (unless a driver conflict somehow) on Windows 8.1 Pro.

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #100 of 334

It Crackles when connecting to my S5 and also other android devices
frown.gif

That is strange,i always make sure my unit is turned off (with the volume set to 0) when switching from (for example) my computer to my DAP. but when i first got it, on a couple occasions i forgot it was on and while i didn't hear a crackling sound i did hear a pop one time (from turning the unit on when my headphones were plugged into it and the volume was up pretty loud) and another time i heard a sound i would describe as just your typical connecting/ground sound but nothing out of the ordinary. crackling doesn't sound good (even if it doesn't persist after the unit is connected),I would email iBasso (they are great at getting right back to you i've found) and make them aware of the issue with your unit and then send the unit back to them for a replacement.

Thanks very much! I've already found the problem: the OTG cable. the crackles disappear after replacing a better cable.

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #102 of 334
Is this better than the new E17k? Or is the new E17k better?

What i want is something more tonally neutral. Hated the X1 cos its so closed in and warm sounding.

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #103 of 334
Does anyone give me some comparisons between this MK-II and jdslabs C5D? I mean, does the C5D valuable as its price or not(the C5D's sound quality is far enough better than the MK-II)? 
srr 4 my bad English.

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #104 of 334
Does anyone give me some comparisons between this MK-II and jdslabs C5D? I mean, does the C5D valuable as its price or not(the C5D's sound quality is far enough better than the MK-II)? 
srr 4 my bad English.

Great question i was wondering how the 2 compare also, hopefully someone that has then both could give us some feedback.

Jan 21, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #105 of 334
  Hi every one I have been interested in picking up the D-Zero, I currently have the Fiio E07K does any one know how the 2 compare? Thanks for any information.

Bump.  I'd like to know how the e07k compares as well.

It bothers me a little that there is no bass boost on the d-zero.  But I'm not a big bass-head, just a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back