NEW! iBasso D-Zero Mk2
Jan 4, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #76 of 334
Sorry to thread jack. I'm just wondering how this sounds compared to the amp/DAC in the dx90. I'm in the market for a new dap and I'm wondering if its better to go all-in-one or seperate components

The DX90 is a solid step up, it is better than the D-Zero in every way. 

Perhaps wait for the D14, it might rival the DX90. 

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #77 of 334
The D-Zero MK2 is actually the first amp/DAC that I own at the moment (just started getting into audio last Dec). It was recommended to me by the shop owner who is an audio enthusiast himself.

For USD119 or SGD199 that I've paid for, it sounds great! I'm currently pairing it with a pair of ATH-AD500X, and my experience has been enjoyable so far.

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #78 of 334
Wait SGD199? Which shop?? I live in SG too! Though im now also looking at the new E17k alpen 2.

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #79 of 334
The E17k alpen 2, according to early impressions, is actually said to be better than the E18 in terms of neutrality

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #80 of 334
I acquired mine from E1 Personal Audio Singapore, which is located at Far East Shopping Centre #05-10A.
The last time I've visited the shop, the owner told me that their stock of E17Ks were not in yet. They may have it available now though.

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #81 of 334
I never knew that E1 personal audio stocked iBasso. For the E17k, i may just go to stereo electronics. They actually followed my advice and starting bringing in FiiO :D

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #82 of 334
I received it recently but it doesn't work well with my Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A
confused_face.gif

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #84 of 334
  Do you mean you're having technical issues or that you aren't experiencing the sort of difference in over all sound quality you expected?

It Crackles when connecting to my S5 and also other android devices
frown.gif

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #85 of 334
  It Crackles when connecting to my S5 and also other android devices
frown.gif

That is strange,i always make sure my unit is turned off (with the volume set to 0) when switching from (for example) my computer to my DAP. but when i first got it, on a couple occasions i forgot it was on and while i didn't hear a crackling sound i did hear a pop one time (from turning the unit on when my headphones were plugged into it and the volume was up pretty loud) and another time i heard a sound i would describe as just your typical connecting/ground sound but nothing out of the ordinary. crackling doesn't sound good (even if it doesn't persist after the unit is connected),I would email iBasso (they are great at getting right back to you i've found) and make them aware of the issue with your unit and then send the unit back to them for a replacement.

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #88 of 334
Hi guys, looking for an upgrade to my C&C BH2 and Topping NX1. Would this be a significant upgrade? Features alone would be but how about SQ. Any thoughts or comparisons between these would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #89 of 334
High gain has some hiss, but low gain doesn't. 

I can actually hear hissing with my UE600 when set to low gain. The device also makes an audible click sound when turned on and off. Every once in a while, all I hear is static when I plug in my AD500x. Is there anything wrong with my MK2?

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #90 of 334
I can actually hear hissing with my UE600 when set to low gain. The device also makes an audible click sound when turned on and off. Every once in a while, all I hear is static when I plug in my AD500x. Is there anything wrong with my MK2?

Not sure, but mine does not have hissing with the SE846. 

The popping sound is normal though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back