New hybrid amp by Little Dot, I+
Sep 27, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #241 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by taso89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
atbglenn,

Seems like we are quite close; I dorm and go to school in Stony Brook and pass by Huntington all the time
smily_headphones1.gif
Do you know of any LI meets? I'd love to try out other people's gear.

It's funny, out my friends that are into audio, only one is into high end head gear. And he lives in Florida. I have a good friend that owns high end stereo store here on Long Island, but he doesn't sell much in a way of head gear. Strange huh?
Sorry but I do not know of any LI meets.

Glenn

Sep 27, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #242 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Planar_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey TheMarchingMule,

How is the Grado SR225's with the LD I+? I think I might make this my first foray into tube world (darn these Grado and their addictiveness) and pair them with a nice DAC to finish off the setup.

You said you used them with the stock tubes, how good are they? Any particular sound signature?

Sorry for the late reply! I think the synergy is superb; like said before on this thread, it gives Grados a bit of warmth, yet still allows them to be rockin' cans with a perfect dash of fullness.

I'm taking a forced break from my setup though while I wait for replacement tubes to come in.
frown.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #243 of 805
niice. my hometown is huntington also. dorming at NewPaltz right now tho

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #244 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by viscosity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
niice. my hometown is huntington also. dorming at NewPaltz right now tho

Cool, I used to hang out in New Paltz back in the 70's when it was a hippie town. I was one of the hippies
wink.gif

Sep 29, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #245 of 805
Hi guys.

I joined team Little Dot I+ today, I ordered it last tuesday, so it got here really fast.

So far I must say that I am impressed. The first impression when unpacking was that it looks really cool, with it´s all black glossy finish. I think it´s even better looking than the Mk4SE I had before. Another thing I noticed when picking it up out of the box was how heavy it is, was not expecting that from it´s small look.

So far I have only run it for a couple of hours, listening through my ESW9s. And again I must say that I´m really impressed by what this amp does for the ESW9s, having only listened to them with my iriver E10 portable device for some time, I was impressed by how much wider the soundstage became, also the bass was tightened up considerably. This makes me feel that the ESW9s are close to my version of perfection.

Now I´m just really eagerly awaiting the arrival of my newly bought W5000s, they should be here tomorrow, so expect more impressions some time tomorrow.

Oct 2, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #246 of 805
Hey all, just received my I+ today! Talk about fast service. I put my order in on 9/26 and got it 10/1. That's some lightning service and shipping from china to southern california.

Well first things first. The I+ is certainly a small, well built, handsome looking devil. I powered it on and everything seemed to be working fine with no damage from shipping. Now on to how it sounds.

Coming from portables (corda move, xin mini IV, and go-vibe 6) and then finally moving to the Little Dot MK III was a big jump for me. Now moving on to the I+ from the MK III; purely to see if the higher current I+ coulld show me SQ benefits the MK III could not. I got the I+ to match up with my RS-1's and so far am not disappointed. Though I've lost a tad of warmth. I've gained tighter more pronounced bass and what seems to be some of the grado attack the warm MK III was smothering. I quickly tossed in some Mullard 8100's and am pleased with this combo. I've only burned it in for 5 hours and got bunch more to go before I make my final decision on the I+.

Oct 2, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #247 of 805
hi guys. ill try this tread. How is the I+ with the k271s?

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #248 of 805
Anyone who's familiar with opamps could you help me out? I'd like to swap opamps in the I+ but have no idea which ones are some of the better to try out and from where to buy???

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #252 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the heads up HeatFan. Anyone got any updates on their I+, tube swaps, opamps...etc?

There's a short writeup about some of the opamps I've tried in the tube rolling thread. Basically LT1364 is a good start so far

Oct 4, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #253 of 805
Please post more impressions with Little Dot I+ compared to other amps with akg phones.(and others) what about 336se compared to LD I+ with low impedance phones? Dying waitin for my payday to come so i can order a tube.

Oct 4, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #254 of 805
I would be very interested in information about how it drives AKG K701 compared to Zero DAC and LD MK III. If someone can help here...
smile.gif

Oct 4, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #255 of 805
I second the 2 comments above.. anyone have this amp with either the Zero or the AKG K701s??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back