New hybrid amp by Little Dot, I+
Sep 11, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #121 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by sour /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems that this is a fine amp. If it weren't for my awe of tubes...

??? Awe in a good way or a bad?

If it was a negative "awe", I felt the same way. UNTIL, I tried them, then there was no turning back. So many things you can do to get it just right...
icon10.gif

Sep 11, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #123 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't wait for a tube rolling thread to show up...
evil_smiley.gif

Absolutely DoA....I'm waiting for mine to arrive to try the small collection of 6AK5Ws & EF92s that I have acquired. 3 different families of tubes, great price, great service....PRICELESS

Sep 12, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #124 of 805
Gentlemen -

What cans are you planning to use with your 1+? I will no doubt try my HD-650s but I'm looking to pair this amp up with something different (and economical) such as the Denon AH-D1001, Grado SR-80, Alessandro MS1 or perhaps even the Beyerdynamic DT770s (80 ohm version.) Any thoughts?

Sep 12, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #127 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatFan12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grados.....That will be my first choice....From what Seba posted, they are a great match.....

I'm also thinking for the Denon owners it should also work really well..

Hmmmm.....looking forward to Seba's impressions and everyone elses. Please keep us informed as to tube rolling and can options!

Sep 12, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #128 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpstereo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gentlemen -

What cans are you planning to use with your 1+? I will no doubt try my HD-650s but I'm looking to pair this amp up with something different (and economical) such as the Denon AH-D1001, Grado SR-80, Alessandro MS1 or perhaps even the Beyerdynamic DT770s (80 ohm version.) Any thoughts?

Considering the hybrid design, any low impedance set of cans should work very well with this amp. Graods, Denons, Ultrasones, etc.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #129 of 805
You should try the alessandro ms-1's i'm selling!
icon10.gif

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #130 of 805
These new Little Dot amps must be setting some kind of sales record if there is such a thing. I wrote David (at Little Tube) and he said that amps would be sold, either on the LD site or on eBay "as they are ready". In two days, I have had 2 separate amp/auctions on my watch list and both sold within hours...

Sooooo...Gentlemen, I ask this: is there any liklihood that high demand coupled with new product design could lead to manufacturing shortcuts or quality control issues? How have LD been in the past with new models? Do they rush new gear out into the market without ensuring their new designs are worthy?

I'm still new at all this and appreciate your knowledgeable patience.

Cheers,
Don

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #131 of 805
According to the tracking number, it shipped out of China on the 10th...hopefully I'll get it early next week.

Also today I got an email from David, who kindly gave me the first draft manual of the LD I+ in .pdf format.
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #133 of 805
In my opinion, even without hearing the new flavor fave from Little Dot, anything would improve the Grado SR-60s. I just sold mine for $40AUD and was glad to be rid of them; truth told, I would have given them away. How did they get that overblown reputation?

Right now though, I'm still hoping someone responds to my question re: Little Dot Quality Control on new models...

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #134 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, would I really hear a difference using Grado SR60s? Thats the question I keep asking myself....

Yes, would be my answer. I haven't heard the Little Dot, but I've heard the change going from a MINT in a penguin tin to a fullsize home amp when using the SR60, and it is noticable.

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #135 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by ddoingwell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right now though, I'm still hoping someone responds to my question re: Little Dot Quality Control on new models...

David told me that he had to keep the unit for a few days in order to rigorously test them before shipping it out, and judging from past comments and pictures of their headquarters, it looks like they do that for EVERY amp they make before they ship them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back