New HTC One M8 audio review
May 4, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #256 of 874
I have recently purchased the M8 after owning an Apple Iphone 3Gs
frown.gif
, i found the sound quality fine with the Iphone, i have ripped all my cd's onto itunes via my laptop in lossless.

I  have zero clue where to start to get all my music over to the M8...... Would anyone care to direct me to a site/thread/helpful person who could guide me ?

I would like to transfer what i have over but i fear i may have to rip them all again (around 200 discs
confused_face_2.gif
).

Lovely phone by the way, i have gone from the steam age to the jet age in one day !

May 4, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #257 of 874
Well... Just copy paste them on the device (internal storage, or external sd card), like you would with an USB stick, or an external HDD drive.
Doesnt matter if mp3, or flac or whatever. It should be all no problems.

Which format did you saved them?

May 4, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #258 of 874
  I have recently purchased the M8 after owning an Apple Iphone 3Gs
frown.gif
, i found the sound quality fine with the Iphone, i have ripped all my cd's onto itunes via my laptop in lossless.

I  have zero clue where to start to get all my music over to the M8...... Would anyone care to direct me to a site/thread/helpful person who could guide me ?

I would like to transfer what i have over but i fear i may have to rip them all again (around 200 discs
confused_face_2.gif
).

Lovely phone by the way, i have gone from the steam age to the jet age in one day !

For Android phones, it should be drag and drop from the folder that holds the music for iTunes. 

Now, if you ripped it to Apple Lossless, you may need to find an Android player that plays Apple Lossless files. Or, alternatively, you could use a program to convert the Apple Lossless files into a more Android-friendly format such as FLAC. 

Hope this helps. I think that more experienced Android users can give you more detailed help on this. 

May 4, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #260 of 874
I recently went from an iphone5 to M8 and I have a few albums encoded in ALAC Applelossless. I found Poweramp will play them. There us a trial version to test it out. I really like the shuttle music player but this doesn't play ALAC so debating transcoding to 320 vbr aac.

May 4, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #262 of 874
I recently went from an iphone5 to M8 and I have a few albums encoded in ALAC Applelossless. I found Poweramp will play them. There us a trial version to test it out. I really like the shuttle music player but this doesn't play ALAC so debating transcoding to 320 vbr aac.

Other than playing ALAC how do you like Poweramp? Looking for a highly recommended Android playback app

May 5, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #264 of 874
  Does anyone here have an Xperia Z2 as well? If yes, can you compare its audio quality with the M8?

My impression is that the Z2 may have a little more clarity, but the M8 wins hands-down in power/volume. It's the most powerful headphone output among current mainstream flagships (i.e. not counting those supposedly hi-end chinese hardware thingies).

The M8 uses the same audio chip (WCD9320) as most other phones that run on Snapdragon 800/801, but still managed to pack more volume.

Someone tested the M8's output impedance and it was in the 9-ohm range, which conventional wisdom would say is suboptimal for BA IEMs. Personally I no longer have any BA stuff, but I mean, it might come down to which one better matches your headphone collection.

May 5, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #265 of 874

My impression is that the Z2 may have a little more clarity, but the M8 wins hands-down in power/volume. It's the most powerful headphone output among current mainstream flagships (i.e. not counting those supposedly hi-end chinese hardware thingies).

The M8 uses the same audio chip (WCD9320) as most other phones that run on Snapdragon 800/801, but still managed to pack more volume.

Someone tested the M8's output impedance and it was in the 9-ohm range, which conventional wisdom would say is suboptimal for BA IEMs. Personally I no longer have any BA stuff, but I mean, it might come down to which one better matches your headphone collection.

Where did you see this output impedance spec? Not sure where I got the impression that the output impedance was significantly lower...

May 5, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #266 of 874
  Where did you see this output impedance spec? Not sure where I got the impression that the output impedance was significantly lower...

http://www.hk-android.info/archives/78928/%E5%85%A8%E6%B8%AF%E7%8D%A8%E5%AE%B6-htc-one-m8-%E9%9F%B3%E8%B3%AA%E5%B0%88%E6%A5%AD%E5%88%86%E6%9E%90-v-s-galaxy-s5

direct link to the charts: http://www.hk-android.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/gs5vsm83.png

May 6, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #268 of 874
If the output impedance measuremente is correct (and i'm leaning to trust these guys' review since it seems they know what they talk about - not as gsmarena folks-:) this phone is a no go as i am a balanced armature lover.

May 6, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #269 of 874
Got my M8 a few days ago, playing my music through the standard HTC music app to the Klipschi S4. I am not sure if it is the phone or the app, but the vocals are more forward and the bass isn't as deep as my Samsung GS2. I am thinking of getting something better than the S4 but I do need the hands free mic and volume control. So the only decent earphones that are compatible with Android phones are the Sony XBA-H series. Do you guys have any suggestions? 

May 6, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #270 of 874
I dont really believe these 9 ohm output impedance.

I am using the UE 900 (4-driver BA), and used them on a Galaxy S3 (2 Ohm~). Now on my One m8 i dont really hear much of a difference, especially not in tonality.
I cant imagine the output impedance beeing more than 3-5 ohm, or even lower than that.

Also, on my Asus Phoebus (Texas instruments Amp, which has about 10 Ohm output impedance) i hear more difference in the sounding.

The ue900 usually get lower sub-bass volume level the higher the output impedance.
It has noticable lower subbass, than on the M8. The output impedance must be a bunch lower than 9-10 ohm.

So, i personally will ignore that, untill i see more independant measurements from others.

Anyway, i have ZERO complains, letting my One m8 drive the ue 900 properly.

(Edit: Or i am lucky, and the tonality changes due to 9,4 Ohm output impedance instead 0~ are on the ue900 so tiny, that its almost not hearable)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back