New home of the LISA III amp project???
May 20, 2007 at 2:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
I was doing a search on the new LISA III project, curious, as as I was looking for a really transportable amp for my vacations, the LISA was an amp that really got my attention as I know Phil, loved the PRII amp, and this one been better, it will be a killer.

Doing a search this come across to what seems to be the new site from him, not sure, is there any info available yet, from any member??? It seems that this is his new audio company dedicated to producing the Lisa III audio amplifiers, according to what they say, and under Phil's design direction, in other words this one, seems to be the new LaRocco website with the new allience...hope for better!!!!
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

For the ones interested you can do the follow up of the new project here the site seems to be still under construction...

May 20, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #3 of 10
Triad Audio is indeed the company that is making the Lisa III. Phil Larocco told me he chose that company to avoid the kind of problems that plague Larocco Audio the company - he claims Triad will sell amps only when in stock, and will provide great customer service. I hope that's true.

May 20, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by TzeYang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so basically there will be no bare LISA III boards to sell for us diy junkies?

the future looks uncertain for the DIYers

i was rooting for a kit personally, but a PCB would have been good too

i think ppl was going to release some DIY flavoured stuff, boards/kits in a limited run and then after that they would only be available assembled iirc

May 20, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #6 of 10
it's not a big problem to build it on a perfboard, but a pcb is even better
biggrin.gif

Darn i'm very very lazy these days. Troubleshooting circuits on perfboards are not easy.

May 21, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ppl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There will be limited availability of DIY boards. http://ipastudio.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=207

thanks for that ppl, does that mean kits are a no go?

also, will they be available from the triad website or what channels will you go through?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back