New HLLY SMK-III Digital Audio Decoder
Oct 21, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #46 of 138
Hi,

I have a question regarding this product which I can't seem to find the answer through other means. Does the volume control the balanced output or just the headphone jack? I'm not 100% clear on this issue.

Thanks

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #47 of 138
Just a friendly reminder, HLLY is a company that started up by manufacturing cheap imitations of better audio gear on the market (LittleDot/Trends/Dayton) and while their newer stuff may seem alright, be aware that their founding products were rip offs. 

The new KIAs may be alright automobiles, but at the end of the day they're still KIAs.

Oct 23, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #48 of 138

Quote:
mrarroyo,

Did you have to adjust down the voltage in the SMK-III in order to use the AD8620 and AD8397?  I have the DMK-IV and noticed in the schematic posted by David-gao that the supply voltage is +/- 15 vdc.  The AD chips mentioned use a bit lower voltage.  Is the voltage lower on the SMK-III, in order to allow the op-amp rolling?  Or is it easily adjusted?

Sorry for my late reply, no I did not adjust the voltage to use the AD8610 or the AD8397. The AD8610 accepts up to 13V and the AD8397 up to 24V, see attached files. Thanks.

http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/AD8610_8620.pdf

http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/AD8397.pdf

Nov 15, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #50 of 138

Quote:
Just a friendly reminder, HLLY is a company that started up by manufacturing cheap imitations of better audio gear on the market (LittleDot/Trends/Dayton) and while their newer stuff may seem alright, be aware that their founding products were rip offs. 

The new KIAs may be alright automobiles, but at the end of the day they're still KIAs.

I am not sure what you are saying here.  HLLY seems to provide well rated equipment at a decent price.  I am sure that pretty much every piece of audio equipment was built using a stock or existing design. 

Nov 16, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #51 of 138
Nov 16, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #52 of 138
So what......  Don't buy their products if it bothers you.

Quote:

Nov 17, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #53 of 138
Yes, If you do not like HLLY products, just do not Buy it!

We just try our best to make our customer happy, and offer better products!

The new DAC based on CS4398 will be available soon!

-- david gao

Apr 23, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #55 of 138
Hi David, can you upload some pictures of the mod version at ebay? At least, you should let us know which seller is selling the mod version.

Quote:
HLLY SMK-III MOD version is avaialble now,  it sell well in China now!
We replace the Main Power Capacitor and the capacitor of Headphone AMP
The Headphone AMP is much better now!

Apr 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #59 of 138
Dear Miguel, Yes, if you replace the panasonic Caps with Vishay BC caps, the Headphone sound will be better!
Also you can replace the OP275 with OPA2604 or 5532, it will also improve the sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back