New high end M2Tech Vaughan : 3 in 1 DAC / head amp / pre amp impression and appreciation thread
Nov 11, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #31 of 119
That is very interesting. The Vaughan must be a remarkable unit to outclass the highly regarded DP1! I'll have to see if there is a dealer near where  I can audition one.

Yes it is very interesting Vaughan .
Only Vitus Master piece dac MP D 201 can do Better than Vaughan .
But Vitus price is € 24.500 Euro almost 4 times Vaughan $ 7,999 USD
Please Share Your impression here After You do the audition.

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #33 of 119
Hey Rudi,
I will try to borrow an Vaughan from the local dealer, your words are very interesting indeed and maybe I can review it.
Vaughan seems like a no compromise solution being entirely powered by batteries.
From pictures it looks SO BIG and heavy! :)

Yes please DarKu , because My english is not so good For very good review, thank you

It is big size : 440 mm Width x 440 mm Depth x 120 mm High

Weight about. 10 Kg or 20 lbs

Nov 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #34 of 119
Quote:
Yes please DarKu , because My english is not so good For very good review, thank you
It is big size : 440 mm Width x 440 mm Depth x 120 mm High
Weight about. 10 Kg or 20 lbs

Hey Rudi I have got a phone call today from the local distributor, they are letting me test and review a Vaughan !
I'm so glad about it !
I was very impressed by Young + Palmer, I just only can imagine about how Vaughan performs.
Will put it to test on speakers and headphones.
The small issue, is that I will be getting it in January, so I need to wait a bit.

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #35 of 119
Congrats on the loaner DarKu, looking forward to your impressions!

:popcorn:

Nov 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #36 of 119
Hey Rudi I have got a phone call today from the local distributor, they are letting me test and review a Vaughan !
I'm so glad about it !
I was very impressed by Young + Palmer, I just only can imagine about how Vaughan performs.
Will put it to test on speakers and headphones.
The small issue, is that I will be getting it in January, so I need to wait a bit.

Congrats DarKu

I am waiting mine also about 2 month , Mr Manunta said the demand so high in Europe and he

Upgrade the digital section to the latest and highest digital standard on the market.

That's why take so long for order M2tech Vaghan.

The young sound is In the class and price range from Eximus Dp1

You can imagine inside the Vaughan has 8 dac chip from high end Burr brown 1795 ,

Time shift driving of multiple DAC IC's for improved sound quality - Four DAC IC's per channel used in mono mode are driven in a time shifting fashion to allow for an implicit low pass anti-alias filtering at analog buffer's inputs which uses no capacitors or other passive components.

M2Tech has released their super DAC - The VAUGHAN. This new product includes their very best sounding DAC to date using four (4) Burr Brown 32 bit DACs per channel, new clocking circuits with higher accuracy, new jitter reduction systems and the best possible power supply available, batteries for that pure DC power! Included in the VAUGHAN is a volume control so it can act as a preamp and drive amplifiers directly as well as a headphone amplifier for those with sleeping households.

Eximus Dp 1 has only 2 dac chips from Burr Brown 1794 A second best dac chip from Burr Brown

DAC: TI PCM1794A x 2 (Dual Mono) 192kHz/24Bit

Young dac has only 2 dac chips from Burr Brown 1795

The even bigger Xilinx Spartan processor works as a digital filter wherein the incoming signal is upsampled to 786kHz. This digital filters seem to be the most important part of this device. Next we see the Burr-Brown PCM1795 DAC. This is a new chip with 32/192 parameters and good dynamics. I/V conversion is handled by the Analog Devices 8674 which is highly respected by DIYers. In the output there is a TI OPA2211 buffer amp accompanied by nice Wima polypropylene caps. All other parts are surface mounted but also of very good quality. Each section features its own sophisticated power supply with stabilizers and filters. The digital section is exceptional. The relatively low cost of the Young is determined by its analog section which is fairly simple despite using good parts.

I am waiting you review Darku

Thank you .

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #38 of 119
Hi all,

This is my first impression in this forum after being a silent reader for sometime.

Being a newbie in this world of headphone, I was a bit surprised when Rudi invited me to a mini meet of the local headphone enthusiasts last Saturday.
It was a great pleasure to meet the seniors and also to be given a chance to audition some great set-up.
Such an awesome experience.

Please bear with me for the following as I tried to share my impression on few set up combination that we built.
And please be easy on me.

The gathering itself might considered as a casual listening session rather than a serious one.
Details of each equipment brought to the venue has been listed by Rudi in previous page.

As a daily user of what I called a semi-portable setup (LCD2 Rev.3 + iPhone+CLAS+Continental V2) I put my interest for the desktop setup for my future upgrade. 
And when the chance to audition the Eximus and Vaughan came, obviously I wouldn't miss that moment. Lucky me.

First we tried the Eximus DP-1 for its DAC+AMP capability with the following set up:
- CD player : Marantz CD-6004
- DAC+Amp : April Music Eximus DP-1
- Headphone : LCD 2 Rev.3

And I was blown away.....!
I did expect for a better sound quality, but what this set up delivered was beyond that.
It was not a marginal upgrade.
It improved the sound quality in every good aspect.
And it made my LCD 2 sings beautifully, as they created a good synergy.

The Eximus delivers a clean and detailed sound from top to bottom in a very enjoyable way.
The bass was deep, tight and punchy, hence it's far far away from boomy. Fast paced music was nicely controlled and delivered.
Vocal was so sweet and lush, though some people may find it a little dry.
High was crisp, details and delicate. Some recordings that prone to sibbilance was handled in a "proper manner". The sibbilance was still there but it became more enjoyable.

And all the above combination was presented in a spacious sound stage in front of us with focus, direct and dynamic staging.
I could really enjoy the musical presentation as if it delivered directly to me. Amazing!

Eximus DP-1 is a good choice for a DAC+AMP option.
And paired with LCD 2, it made the cans sing beautifully.

Now we move to the second set-up to test the Vaughan DAC+AMP:
- DAC+Amp : M2Tech - Vaughan
- Headphone : LCD 2 Rev.3

For this set up, we just changed the DAC+Amp from Eximus to Vaughan.

With the overwhelming impression I got from the Eximus, I hardly believe the Vaughan could do much better.

And soon as the music start I found myself in full embarrassment.
I was totally wrong, again!
Oh boy. I was blown away... far far away this time.

The Vaughan has all the goods in Eximus and make it even better on its own way.
What I meant by "better" here is not only "better" but it improves the sound quality significantly.
The low, mid and high were all delivered magnificently.
The sound stage were presented grandly spacious and yet still focused.

Beyond all of that, what makes the Vaughan being superior to me are its clarity, separation and depth.
And the Vaughan delivers them in a very amazing way.

If I have to choose one thing for its very special strength, then it is the "depth".
I hardly believe that any system can deliver such depth before I heard the Vaughan.
It incredibly rendered the stage layer by layer, front to rear with clarity. Fantastic!

To me the Vaughan is a special piece of work, a Masterpiece.

Okay... All the bells and whistles have been shouted out loud and now what?
What one could expect for a better sound?

So, it was the time to pair the Vaughan with Stax SR-009, thus the third set up was:
- DAC+PreAmp : M2Tech - Vaughan
- PowerAmp : STAX SRM-727 Mk-II
- Headphone : STAX SR-009

The moment of truth came once the music started.
Was I blown away again?
Nope!

I was.......... speechless...!!!
It such a perfect combination! Great synergy delivers perfection!
Listening to this set up was audio nirvana to me.

It was never about the sounds or any technicalities behind it.
To me it was all about the feeling!
It was a moment where I could only care about one thing and one thing only. Enjoy the music!!!
It was a musical symphony that delivered directly to your heart through your ears.
Amazingly fantastic!

The impressions of these two seniors might give a hint of what they felt.

If one may think that this is an overwhelming impression on Vaughan, I encourage you to listen to the unit first.
I believe there are much better set up in this world that can delivers better sound.
But to me personally, it was the best set up that I have ever heard until this moment.

End notes:

- I am not a reviewer nor an audiophile. The above are just my personal impression.
- As it was a casual listening session, the set up were not perfectly arranged for serious reviewing session.
- To me, both Eximus and Vaughan deliver the best sound on their respective way.

Special thanks to Rudi for the invitation and to Pita as a good host.
I'm looking forward for the next gathering.

Thanks to you all who has patiently reading this writing.

Cheers.

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #39 of 119
Hi Boringer,
"Welcme to head-fi and sorry about your wallet"
evil_smiley.gif

Thank you for your impressions, it was a very enjoyable read. Thanks for amazing photos as well.
Maybe you are a casual listener but I really enjoyed how you described the sound you heard.
Can you please tell me if you tried HD800 too out of Vaughan or Eximus ?
I would appreciate some words on this combo as well.

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #40 of 119
Hi Boringer,
"Welcme to head-fi and sorry about your wallet" :evil:

Thank you for your impressions, it was a very enjoyable read. Thanks for amazing photos as well.
Maybe you are a casual listener but I really enjoyed how you described the sound you heard.
Can you please tell me if you tried HD800 too out of Vaughan or Eximus ?
I would appreciate some words on this combo as well.

Congrats Josef for your excellent review , I like to read your impression like professional reviewer :D

Welcome to the head fi world

I am waiting also your impression about Vaughan DarKu :D

I have tried HD 800 on eximus. Dp 1 and M2trch Vaughan as well

It is better next time I bring my HD 800 to the next mini gathering and let Josef

Write review .

I can only know very good sounding audio gear , but for the review my English

Is not that good as Josef :D

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #41 of 119
Thanks a lot DarKu.
I'm glad if the write up could give a little overview to you.

Btw, congratz on the loaner, it worth the wait.

And as Rudi said, unfortunately we didn't have HD800 in that mini meet.
Looking forward for the next gathering when Rudi might bring one... 
beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #43 of 119
Thanks Boringer! What a great opportunity. Too bad you did not have the HD800's to compare as well, but it looks like it was a great day. :D

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #45 of 119
:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back