New Hifiman HM-802 DAP Announced
Mar 22, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #76 of 133
@Kiats, how is the sound sig of the HM-801 vs the DX50? Just asking as I'm thinking more of purchasing the HM-801 and wanting something to compare it to.

Thanks,Andy

Andy, are you thinking of the 802? If so, I agree with LECW. There is no real comparison. The 802 is far superior. :)

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #77 of 133
Andy, are you thinking of the 802? If so, I agree with LECW. There is no real comparison. The 802 is far superior. :)

Yes, I was thinking of the 802, that's great that its leaps and bounds better. How about build quality and UI? I've always liked hifiman but the built quality of the IEMs I have bought in the past have been anything but good. Is this something you think would last for years to come?

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #78 of 133
Yes, I was thinking of the 802, that's great that its leaps and bounds better. How about build quality and UI? I've always liked hifiman but the built quality of the IEMs I have bought in the past have been anything but good. Is this something you think would last for years to come?

Howdy, considering how good the price of the Hifiman IEMs were, I think there's only so much one could expect.

As for the DAP, it seems ok. I know someone who had dropped it a time or two. Well, it is still working fine. Of course, you don't expect it to be buillt like the AK 240, which costs twice its price. But I think it will last a few years. Depending always on how you treat your DAPs. In any event, Hifiman has a fantastic after sales service if you have any problems. 

Hope that helps. 
atsmile.gif

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #79 of 133
One last question, which do you prefer, the DX100 or the HM802? Which would consider your main "go to"!

Thanks for answering all of these questions, it is a lot of money to spend on something blindly.

Mar 23, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #80 of 133
One last question, which do you prefer, the DX100 or the HM802? Which would consider your main "go to"!

Thanks for answering all of these questions, it is a lot of money to spend on something blindly.

Howdy, for pure listening pleasure, the HM 802. 
L3000.gif

Apr 9, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #82 of 133
Good Morning,
Could someone kindly comments on the lastest updated firmware for 802 especially on the vocal portion. Thanks.

I replied you under the 901 thread already. Got the new firmware updated in my 802, so far so good. But it didn't have any problem before the update anyway. I think I'm happier with the 802 than the 901, probably because I listen to vocals mostly. 

Apr 10, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #83 of 133
I replied you under the 901 thread already. Got the new firmware updated in my 802, so far so good. But it didn't have any problem before the update anyway. I think I'm happier with the 802 than the 901, probably because I listen to vocals mostly. 
Thanks a lot and really appreciate your kind comments and me too
On vocal mostly.

Best Rgds,
Eric

Apr 11, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #84 of 133

Is it worth the update in firmware? I have the 802 and like you, have had no problem with the previous firmware... so if there's no improvement in sq...

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #85 of 133
Is it worth the update in firmware? I have the 802 and like you, have had no problem with the previous firmware... so if there's no improvement in sq...

Definitely! The improvement is pretty obvious: much faster start up (other than the first time when the player need to refresh the music database), CUE support, smoother and more accurate wheel operation, and some others. I don't see any reason not to update the firmware.

Enjoying the 802 w Minibox card w my ESW11LTD now, can't image the sound can be any better from a portable player. :)

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #86 of 133
Definitely! The improvement is pretty obvious: much faster start up (other than the first time when the player need to refresh the music database), CUE support, smoother and more accurate wheel operation, and some others. I don't see any reason not to update the firmware.

Enjoying the 802 w Minibox card w my ESW11LTD now, can't image the sound can be any better from a portable player.
smily_headphones1.gif

ok, thanks for the heads up, now i'm off to update firmware
beerchug.gif

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #87 of 133
Could someone kindly advice where to download a copy of the original firmware V1.002 as I would like to revert back from latest updated firmware of V1.003 to V1.002.

Thank.

Rgds,
Eric

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #88 of 133
Could someone kindly advice where to download a copy of the original firmware V1.002 as I would like to revert back from latest updated firmware of V1.003 to V1.002.

Thank.

Rgds,
Eric

sorry i don't know where to download v1.002, but curious why you want to revert back?

Apr 17, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #90 of 133
am i the only person on this earth who loves what the 801 sounds like but wonders why the hell hifiman thinks its cool to just stop supporting it with any type of firmware updates at all, despite the fact that they made all these grand but totally empty promises about apple lossless support and gapless playback!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Its so frustrating that they just walked away from the 801, and left all the 801 owners out to dry, saying basically "upgrade to the 901 or screw you".

thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back