New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Mar 30, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #1,157 of 6,017

Quote:
A week since ordered mine, still waiting for them to ship.
frown.gif
Head-Direct be killing me! I want to experience planar magnetics already.

There seems to be a lot of hiccups with filling the HE-400 orders since the whole defect fiasco. You could always send an email to Head Direct customer services and ask about how your order is doing, they reply quite fast.

Mar 30, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #1,158 of 6,017

Quote:
There seems to be a lot of hiccups with filling the HE-400 orders since the whole defect fiasco. You could always send an email to Head Direct customer services and ask about how your order is doing, they reply quite fast.

Phone support is also very good.  That's how I stayed up to date.  The woman who does phone support is very nice.

Mar 31, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #1,159 of 6,017

Quote:

I also think that the fact of them shutting down so long for the Chinese new year really put a dent in the whole process.  I can understand if others want to participate and celebrate such an event, but they should do like the strikes here in the U.S., just bring in the "scabs" to handle the work so the process does not get interrupted.  Or, in the 3 months prior to the celebration of the new year, ramp up your production a bit and then bring in people to just handle the shipping and orders while the others are celebrating the new year.  At some point, I think a company needs to decide: 1) Either they want to be profitable and make money, or: 2) Determine that they'd like to party for one month out of the year and shut things down ... at the the peril of losing customers and having other customers lose faith in their process model.  I'm not trying to be disrespectful to heritage and culture, either -- but, let's face it, this is business.  In business, if you --- or, your company can't fill the needs of the people, then another competitor will gladly step in and take the opportunity.

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #1,160 of 6,017
I was actually surprised at how fast they shipped the HE-400 out after its unveiling at CES.
Alot of the companies with new products shown at CES still havent shipped out there new product line to retailers.
It was unfortunate that there was a design flaw that set them back but you can tell from earlier posts they didnt expect the preorder to get so much attention.

So who makes a shorter cable in the 3-4ft range so I can have these portable.   I really like the 10ft canare cable but its kinda bulky and im afraid to coil it into a tiny bundle like I did with the ath-m50s cable.

Mar 31, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #1,161 of 6,017
Why not just buy a new connector and re terminate the existing cable? I may end up doing this when I move to an amp with a full sized jack. It would require soldering but would not be difficult (really) and you could make any length you want.

Mar 31, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #1,162 of 6,017
Im lazy.  
I also dont want to wait for the components to arrive.  I kinda just wanted a quick solution without paying over the top.

Quote:
Why not just buy a new connector and re terminate the existing cable? I may end up doing this when I move to an amp with a full sized jack. It would require soldering but would not be difficult (really) and you could make any length you want.

Mar 31, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #1,163 of 6,017
It seems to me you would be waiting just as long to get a new cable, and if budget is a concern, good luck finding a replacement cable that can compete with the price of a new connector, especially considering the audiophile cable market.

I'm lazy too, but sometimes the extra effort of doing it yourself is less expensive than paying for the alternative. More satisfying too.

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #1,164 of 6,017
buying a cable for the same price as the HE-300 sounds silly when I could just reterminate the he-300 cable for $8 more and have 2 lengths and 2 headphones.
Silver isnt that important to me.

6 headphones and no cheaper alternative besides diy?

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #1,166 of 6,017
I'm shocked at the price! But not in a good way!!!!
deadhorse.gif

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #1,167 of 6,017
I prefer the HD400 sound when listenning to Bieber and Spears, but when I want Bach or Mozart I reach my HD650!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back