New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Feb 26, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #693 of 6,017

Quote:
This whole situation is slightly bizarre, the lack of news from Head-Direct is just making me expect more delays.

Well, I'd rather them delay shipment and make sure the new batch is problem free.

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #699 of 6,017
So it seems most people here already placed an order for the HE-400...and just waiting for an email from Head-Direct for it to be shipped.

It seems if I place an order now it will be even further down the road until I receive it. I guess Head-Direct will only have enough for pre-orders. Arrrghhh .... I might have to start looking at other cans...

Anybody here that does NOT have a pre-order, but still interested in purchasing the HE-400?

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #700 of 6,017

Quote:
So it seems most people here already placed an order for the HE-400...and just waiting for an email from Head-Direct for it to be shipped.

It seems if I place an order now it will be even further down the road until I receive it. I guess Head-Direct will only have enough for pre-orders. Arrrghhh .... I might have to start looking at other cans...

Anybody here that does NOT have a pre-order, but still interested in purchasing the HE-400?

Once the rest of the pre-orders are shipped out, you may want to keep an eye on the sales forum. I'm sure there will be a few people who end up not liking them enough to justify keeping them.

Feb 29, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #702 of 6,017
Here's something I've been wondering about, hope Fang or someone who got em from the first batch could answer.

What type of cable will the 400's ship with?

Everywhere I've been reading about how the "silver cable" that comes with HE4/HE500 is extremely fragile and breaks all the time. Will the HE400s come with a more durable cable?

Feb 29, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #703 of 6,017

Quote:
Here's something I've been wondering about, hope Fang or someone who got em from the first batch could answer.

What type of cable will the 400's ship with?

Everywhere I've been reading about how the "silver cable" that comes with HE4/HE500 is extremely fragile and breaks all the time. Will the HE400s come with a more durable cable?

Yes it's like the old HE-500 cable, Canare. But ended in a 6.35mm plug. I'm using my stock He-500 cable on it

Feb 29, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #704 of 6,017

Quote:
Yes it's like the old HE-500 cable, Canare. But ended in a 6.35mm plug. I'm using my stock He-500 cable on it

Ah good. Still don't know why they are going with straight-up 6.35mm plugs though.

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #705 of 6,017
Meh. When all is said and done, I prefer the 1/4" plugs. Especially with something like the HE-400. The bottom line is that you really need a desktop amp to make these shine. Given that that is the case, my personal view is that you might as well go straight to a 1/4" plug. Either that, or one of those 1/8" plugs with the screw-on 1/4" adapter, like on Denons and Sennheisers. Those are really the best, most flexible option, I suppose. I hate using 1/8" --> 1/4" adapters.

Regards,
Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back